Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 3.0 Font color change issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Martin
    Participant

1st of all: LOVING 3.0! However, I am having problems with changing the font link color in the theme customization page. I’ve created a new skin, but any changes I make to the font link colors won’t show up on my site after saving and refreshing the browser. (They do however show in the instant preview on the theme customization page). Also having the same issue with changing the body font itself.

Thanks for an amazing effort with 3.0!

Martin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

What skin are you using and is that 100% the skin you’re editing, someone reported that on rare occasions it did not load the skin they selected? Do you have a link, I’ve tested on my servers and all seems okay.

Martin
    Participant

Now working properly. I din’t do anything, just visited again the following day and then last night’s changes appeared ūüôā Thanks for the swift reply!

Martin

Martin
    Participant

Hm…the customizer is still very slow, often does not respond to changes at all. And any changes I make and save seems not to appear on my page instantly (after refreshing), sometimes it can take minutes. Makes it kind of difficult to work with. Any ideas for fixes?

http://69.89.31.227/~ryggtren/

Cheers, Martin

Martin
    Participant

Found a solution for the customizer. Like you said Andy, it appears that sometimes it doesn’t load the selected skin properly. Selecting another skin, and then the one you want to change usually seems to fix the responsiveness of the customizer. However, after saving, there are still no changes to the website itself.

Jeff
    Participant

having same issue but it is only affecting the body…general font colors.

I have been doing some troubleshooting on this for a little bit now and something i have discovered is that my body font is being pulled from the style.dark.css  NOT the visual editor selections. So maybe if you just stick to editing the light body skin it might solve this problem?

Im not a programmer by any means but just something i stumbled upon.

Jeff
    Participant

upon further investigation, i removed the following piece of code from line 5 in  style.dark.css

#nv_selectmenu select {color:#ccc;}

All my color modifications through the customizer are working now, and updating in real time. hope this can help someone while the issue is being researched.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

The customizer may have the same issue with jQuery accordion too. I’d create a page without either jQuery tabs or accordion on and customize that, see below for how to customize an individual page.

Login to WordPress, visit the page you wish to customize on the front end ( not within the admin ) ? hover over the Site Name in admin menu ( top left ) ? click customize.

@Jeff, that code shouldn’t have any affect, it’s only for the select menu in responsive mode.

Martin
    Participant

Thanks for replying Jeff and Andy! Sorry for the stupid question, but what is jQuery?

<—- Noob

Cheers, Martin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

jQuery is the framework that makes allows the Accordion and Tabs to animate between the tabs. You have a jQuery Accordion on your page and for some reason the WordPress customizer doesn’t like them when using the Customizer, so the workaround is to customize a page without the accordion / tabs on. I hope that clears it up?

Martin
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation (and patience). Now attempted what you said. Deleted the page with the accordion, created two new. They both display nicely WITH the changes I make in the customizer. However, when hitting save & publish and visiting the actual site, no changes have taken place…?

(saved in my customizer, the rollover on the header is RED not VIOLET/BLUE)

http://69.89.31.227/~ryggtren/

Still scratching my head as to how to make this work…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you set the skin you’re editing as the default skin for the entire site?

Martin
    Participant

Now this is embarassing. Of course I hadn’t. Everything now working properly. Thank you so much for awesome support Andy!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No worries Martin, I’m glad it’s sorted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.