Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 3 column submenu for page styles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • David Reid
    Participant

How did you create the 3 column menu under the 'styles' option in the header of the dynamix sample

i.e.                       bright colors    dark colors   textures

David   

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

If you're using one of the later versions of DynamiX you'll find the documentation "extended menu" – take a look at that and it will gudie you through how it works. 

Richie
    Participant

I have been trying to adjust CSS for the Extended menu so that the Bold TXT  for top level LI such as Bright Colors is another color that is different to the sub level li items.. I applied a new class in my custom CSS and added this, i can change font size ok but the colour doesn't change. What statement do i need to adjust to make this work? Example of what i'm trying to do below

Bright Color

sub item

Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richie,

Have you tried adding !important after the color value you have set? 

e.g.

.yourclass {color:#333 !important;}

Richie
    Participant

Hi Andy already tried that.

Need to explain myself a little better, i'm using WP Custom Menu, i have assigned the clas extended menu to to top level item In the UL below i want target specific LI items with a certain color. i have created a class same as you have .myclass {color:#333 !important;}. I have applied myclass in WP Custom Menu sub item1. As stated if i try to change font size, that works ok, but color doesn't change. Not sure why the Text size would change but not the color, another class must be overwriting this.

TOP LEVEL

Bright Color

Sub Item

Sub Item 1

Sub item 2

Sub item 3

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richie,

Have you tried .myclass a { color:#333 !important;} – without the a it's trying to style non link text. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.