Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 3D Gallery Doesn't Show

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

I’ve upgraded from 2.9 to 3.2.1 and have a gallery that will show up in any other format save 3D. I’ve even created another test slide set with Slideshow Manager and get the same results. I’ve tried putting absolute and relative paths on each image and it doesn’t make a difference. Any ideas why a slide set would refuse to allow a 3D setting, but function otherwise?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure why this would be happening. Are you uploading the images to the media gallery then selecting them via the Slide Set Manager? If you are still having issues, please reply with your login details and I will take a look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

Thanks for responding to the post. I did in fact use the media gallery and slide manager, and resorted to WP Troubleshooting 101. I disabled all plugins, then re-tested. The gallery now works. (http://www.denils.com) I slowly started each plugin back up and the gallery continues to function. (no upgrades or other changes) I’m a bit perplexed, but happy that the code functions as it should. The only error I have remaining is on IOS devices claiming flash is required to view the site. I recall this as an old issue and had it fixed in 2.9, so hope the same fix still applies when I “re-find” the solution.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok great, glad you are getting things sorted. Flash cannot play on Apple devices as they do not have flash enabled on Safari. To make the gallery work on Apple devices, you will need to switch your gallery from the 3D gallery to Revolution Slider or a stage gallery.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

There used to be a work around for the 3D Gallery that involved adding a
    line of code to the theme header. Does that still apply? I know Apple’s
    vendetta on Flash, but didn’t think the 3D Gallery required Flash to
    function. It’s a cool gallery and I’d hate to lose it.

Nils

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

For some reason your 3D gallery is not working on the iPhone. It is meant to display as a stage gallery on the iPhone instead of a 3D gallery. It is working on the DynamiX demo site but not your site for some reason. Are you on the latest version of WordPress?

To keep up with the advances in the code, I strongly recommend using the Revolution Slider.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

Thanks for checking the iOS portion. I’m on WP 3.8 and am up to date on all plugins. I’ve been scratching my head about it too. I’ll start to migrate to the revolution slider and away from 3D when I get a chance.

Nils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.