Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 3D Gallery link to subdomain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Mel
    Participant

Hello,

I've got a few questions:

1. When creating a 3D gallery I found that when I placed the url for the image in the "URL of Image File" field upon viewing the page it shows a thin white line across the top of the image. I've checked the images to see if the background was properly filled, etc, removed cookies, re-uploaded the images to media and checked again. The line is still present. Can you help me get rid of the line? http://www.blacknwhitelife.com
    2. Can I create a 3D gallery and link the images to a subdomain? Initially, I was testing one image/url, but when I ran into the issue above I added the 2nd and 3rd image/urls attempting to resolve that issue. When setting up the 1st image/url I linked the image in the 3D Gallery by adding the subdoman url's in the "Link Post to alternative URL" field and selecting the "Disable Post Link" on the post under the category "thoughts". Initially, the result was a page not found error. The gallery was adding the subdomain to the domain resulting in blacknwhitelife.com/goodthoughts.blacknwhitelife.com. I monkeyed around with this for awhile, but decided to attempt to fix the line issue mentioned in #1 before I submitted my question. As a result now the 3D Gallery doesn't load to the page at all in Firefox; only the space for the gallery is visible. Same result in IE – no 3D gallery slides show. In Google chrome the result is a 3D Gallery with the images showing, but only the stop button present; the images link to nothing. Can I create a 3D gallery and link the images to a subdomain? If so, how?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can use relative URLs with paths which are on the same domain. So it wouldn't work with a subdomain. You can however put the full path of the subdomain in if you require. 

I can't see the white line as there didn't appear to be a 3d gallery workin there?

Mel
    Participant

Something was askew with the category. You can see the gallery now.

I think that the white line was within the image. I replaced it again, removed cookies and it disappeared, but as soon as I signed back into wp and refreshed… the lined image was back. So, I don't see it in firefox as long as I don't sign into wp. I don't see the lined image in google (which I also don't sign into wp when I test in google chrome). I do see the lined image in IE (which I also don't sign into wp when I test in ie). I don't understand what the deal is. Does you/anyone see a line across the "primarythoughts" image?

I was able to get the subdomain to work – thank you.

Mel
    Participant

This resolved itself magically.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If only problems resolved themself magically more often 🙂 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.