Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 4.2.3 changes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

I just found these warnings in my logs:

PHP message: PHP Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/elivewp/www.elivecd.org/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/functions/BFI_Thumb.php on line 454

This seems like to happen only from this last release

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s because there was a change in the Image Script, you can now retain image ratios by just setting a height value. However this meant that a default width value had to be removed. All you need to do is ensure that your Galleries have a width or height value set.

Thanatermesis
    Participant

> All you need to do is ensure that your Galleries have a width or height value set.

Hu! This sounds scary, I have thousands of images used for galleries of screenshots

Im a bit confused, I never needed to set them, I just uploaded the images and created galleries from them, the sizes where set automatically from the dimensions of the galleries/sliders and it worked very good with nice automated resizing of them

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Also… Im a bit confused about what improves this on, for example, I always upload images in their biggest resolution (less than 3000 px, of course), so the quality will be always the optimal for any need (they are resized to the needed dimensions, and the resizing uses good quality resizing)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You don’t have to set the width / height for each image, just on the Galleries themselves. If you edit the Gallery in the Page > Add Gallery or Visual Composer > Edit Gallery, you’ll see a field for Image Width and Image Height. If the Gallery is a stage, try something like 1050 in the width field, if it’s a Grid, Group etc, try 350 in the width field.

It’s mainly due to a number of users wanting the ability to show different aspect ratio images within the same gallery.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.