Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 500 and 404 Errors using Dynamix Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • Dwain Pipe
    Participant

I’m getting lots of 500 and 404 errors in the WordPress admin and on the website.

I’ve not been able to determine what has created this problem as various plugin, wordpress and theme updates have occurred, however the error in the server’s error log is:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_option() in /home/welbe***/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/header.php on line 16

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks,

Craig

`

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

The other error message I’ve found is:

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/welbe***/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/blog.php on line 49

Hi @dwainpipe

Can you please specify what version of WordPress and Dynamix are you using? Does the error appear randomly or do they appear after doing something on the site?

Have you tried to disable all you plugins to check if any of them is triggering the error?

Regards,

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Good questions 🙂

WP 4.5 and today 4.5.1

Dynamix

It’s not a specific task that I’m doing. I’m creating posts, pages, adding categories, previews drafts, all sorts of things.

I’ve done the remove all plugin and it seemed ok for a time then got the 500 error again.

The only temporary solution is clearing the browser cache but it’s temporary only.

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Sorry… DynamiX Version: 5.3

Hi @dwainpipe

It is likely that WP/PHP Memory has been exhausted triggering the errors. What is your current PHP memory allocation? If it is set low, try to increase it as the theme works best if the memory is set to 64MB as minimum.

Once done, please increase WP Memory as well which can be done by following this guide: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Regards,

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Memory is set to 128mb and according to the codex link WP will only use a maximum of 64mb so it should be ok.

Any other ideas please?

Hi @dwainpipe

You can actually set the WP Memory higher to maybe around 96MB since your PHP memory is 128Mb.

Can you also please send the URL to your site and send login credentials as well so we can check further?

Regards

Dwain Pipe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @dwainpipe

Can you please specify your site’s URL as you have not specified it yet? Also, there is not much we can do on the dashboard since the issue is probably server-side. You will need to let your hosting provider look into the issue for you, as error 500/404 normally occurs if the server runs out of server resources to execute the functions.

Regards,

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Hi @dwainpipe

I’ve checked a few posts and re saved them and I am not experiencing the error. I also checked a few pages and still do not see the error. It will really be difficult to check this if we can’t reproduce the issue.

Since we do not have access to the server’s logs, can you please enable WP Debug? Also, can you please upload php.info file so we can check the default php values set on the server. Here’s a guide on how to do it: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Regards,

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Dwain Pipe
    Participant

Dwain Pipe
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.