Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / 500 Error when Placing According Gallery with Slide-Set source

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

It seems very similar to the stickied thread here: http://help.themeva.com/bbforums/topic/error-500-when-pulling-in-postportfolio-categories-via-gallery/

However, I do not have the plugin mentioned as the culprit in the above thread.

For an example, see: http://www.woodstockmediagroup.com/about-us

I’ve tried all sorts of combinations within WP… from varying slides sources, to different kinds of galleries… but all to no avail.

I considered trying to migrate the slide-set over to Revolution Slider, but I don’t believe that it has an Accordion function.

Please advise,

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

How many posts are you pulling? It maybe the sheer number of posts causing the issue.

Unfortunately Revolution Slider doesn’t appear to have an accordion affect, however it is better for mobile.

Scott C
    Participant

Only pulling in 3 posts, so I doubt that’s it.

I guess I’ll get working on re-building in Rev. Slider somehow, but it was really nice being able to see all three at the same time with the accordion.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Scott C.

Scott C
    Participant

double post

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Scott C.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Before you do, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Scott C
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

That username / password combo doesn’t appear to work?

Scott C
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Copying the apostrophe from the forum was the issue with the login. With regards to the issue, it’s a stange one. I can’t seem to workout why the accordion is causing an error 500 like that.

It’s working on the demo site too, with a lot more images. I even re-created the slide set for you and nothing appears to affect it.

I’m going to have to do more testing on my servers to see if I can replicate the issue. Have you tried increasing the wordpress memory? See here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Scott C
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I worked with my hosting provider on this a bit. They tried the memory suggestion but it didn’t seem to have any effect. Here’s the information they gave me, perhaps it can help pinpoint what’s going on!

I did some testing on this and I don’t believe it’s a PHP memory limit issue as our error logs are throwing an error in the theme’s accordion file. Here is the exact error we are seeing.

[Sat Jun 27 05:22:52.605086 2015] [:error] [pid 22956] [client 73.42.189.97:33410] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bfi_thumb() in /nas/wp/www/cluster-40193/woodstockmedia/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/accordion-gallery-frame.php on line 83

We use a plugin called “Debug Bar” to help diagnose PHP issues and the errors on this page were preventing even that from loading. The error log above is pulled directly from WPengine. Hopefully it’s able to help the theme developer track down the issue.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Do you have the image resizing script option enabled via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image Resizer. If not, please enable that to see if the issue resolves.

Failing that, it maybe that the theme hasn’t fully uploaded and you’re missing the file that contains the bfi_thumb function.

Scott C
    Participant

Do you have the image resizing script option enabled via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image Resizer. If not, please enable that to see if the issue resolves.

You nailed it!

This option was not enabled. Once enabled the accordion works again!! Thanks a ton Andy!

One last question–what else might this option affect?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

This option handles all images that require resizing. This includes: Blog Images, Gallery Images, Single Images on pages. You may find your page loads a little quicker now too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.