Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / A number of problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • totitippalingur
    Participant

Hi all

Let me begin with again thanking you for a fantastic theme. Still very much top of the bunch in my view.

My problems might be too extreme to get help here but worth a shot. Keep in mind here I am not a techie and have extremely limited knowledge of WP.

I did contact a couple of months ago when it dawned on me I had not made any updates to the theme from buying in spring 2012. I asked if it was ok to go straight from first theme through all the updates. This we did and at first sight there were no problems. But looking deeper i am finding a few and unless I learn code I am not sure what to do except turn to a professional.

Problems are:

A) Quite often and more and more last weeks the connection just dies. Three or four times this week only. I get “connection lost” while posting or right after posting and web is offline for 1-30 minutes. Varies. This only started happening after update / and WP update right after. Once in awhile i also get a message about revolution slider no working. Any ideas?
    B) In spite of getting a knowledgeble guy to actually do the updates I am now finding out a lot is missing. There is no Buddypress, all the woocommerce stuff is not here and visual composer out of date.
    C) After updating the search window icon does not work and neither does the drop down header.
    D) In old version I had a menu with a line of subtitle. This looked great in first version but looks horrible now. But not matter what i try there seems to be no way or erasing the sublines anywhere. the sublines in question can be seen online Totaliceland.com (maybe just possible in code?)
    E) After reviewing the dynamix site I also see there is a ubermenu (no) which i do not have)
    F) Last thing I noticed is that when trying to upload totalcache plugin I get error message telling me i have totalcache files. If I do I have not found them anywhere.

I realize this is quite a bundle but if you can lead me to the goal in some way here would be nice.

all the best

Albert

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words.

A. This doesn’t sound like a theme issue but a server issue. Have you contacted your hosting company about this problem? You will have to be more specific about the Revolution slider error, what exactly is displayed, where on your site? Do you have a screenshot?

B. Buddypress and Woocommerce are not bundled with the theme, they are separate 3rd party plugins that need to be installed once the theme has been installed. DynamiX has been made to be compatible with them. Visual Composer have released a new update a few days back, in the next version of DynamiX, it will include the latest version. This is coming soon.

C. I will need to take a look at the code on your site to get a better understanding of what is happening here. Please can you set your reply to private and post up your WP login details so I can take a further look?

D. Try looking at your menus under Appearance > Menus and open up each of the parent navigation items to see if there is any extra text in there. If not, I will take a look for you when I log in.

E. I am not sure what you mean by this? Ubermenu is not bundled in with the theme and is not used either?

F. We have not come across this error before, what happens if you try a different cache plugin? Do you get the same error?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

totitippalingur
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

totitippalingur
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you provide your websites URL so I can log in?

Kind regards,
    Tom

totitippalingur
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you hadn’t created a menu within Appearance > Menus so it was displaying things that shouldn’t be there. I have now created you a menu and things look fixed now. You also had the WP Custom Menu turned off within the Theme Options. You will need to go into your menus and add in the rest of the menu items as I have added the first 10 or so for you.

I recommend looking at the following pages within the documentation as this will give you a better understanding of how the theme words.

DynamiX 3.0+ Overview
    Creating and editing skins
    Visual Composer page builder

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

totitippalingur
    Participant

Thanks Tom

I will. Did you find out why search logo and dropdown header do not work (or is it also a question of tinkering with the menu?)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you update to the latest version of DynamiX, the search icon click is fixed. The reason for your drop panel only coming down a little is because there is no content within it. Navigate to Appearance > Widgets > Drop panel and drag widgets into it.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

totitippalingur
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom. Help appreciated

best

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.