Home / Forums / ePix Support / Absolutely new and not well versed… Do i need custom Support??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Joey
    Participant

When I purchased the Epix theme I thought that it would be a simple install and my site would just convert from my old theme to the epic “preview” site that I looked at pre purchase. Granted I figured I’d need to reupload my photos again but I thought the basic structure would be the same. I really like the sidebar disappearing navigation in the the preview.

Question is, is the customized theme support the way to go for me? I see there are theme templates and honestly all I want to do is have my site look like the “preview” Are the templates simply upload and I’m good to go??

At least that will give me a start and I can slowly add/delete from there. I don’t mind paying a month of access if it means my site gets back up and looks like the “preview”

Thanks.

Joey

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joey,

Thank you for your purchase. Out of the box, you can make your site look like the ePix demo by importing the demo content. But as you already have pages, menus etc, we do not recommend this as the demo content will add to this and may make your site a bit messy.

I can import the demo content for you and try to clear up your site as best as possible if you wish?

Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joey
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joey,

I have imported the demo data and made your site look the same. I cannot go as far as adding in your own images, menus etc though. But I can support you if you have issues with the theme.

If you are new to WordPress and the theme, I highly recommend checking out a few things in the documentation.

ePix Overview
    How to add a gallery
    Visual Page builder

You can edit the menu by going to Appearance > Menus within your WP admin.

When adding a gallery, you have to select the source in which it is going to pull the images in from. Currently, you don’t have ePix active so I cannot help you out at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joey
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

I’ll play around with it and see what I can come up with. How do I adjust the title “Dr Photo Photography” size to fit in the menu?

Cheers,
    Joey

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joey,

Ok great. To adjust this, go to Appearance > Customize > Font Settings > Increase Heading Size By: alter this number.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.