Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Accept button for group membership not appearing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Ben Jackson
    Participant

Hey hey

Just confirmed that the accept and reject buttons work fine in 2014 theme, but in Dynamix they don’t show. I have tried switching off all plugins to see if there’s a conflict (except buddypress). The buttons don’t appear. I’m talking about with a private group, someone requests membership, in the admin tab of the group, you then go to ‘requests’ to approve or reject their request.

This is very frustrating. It’s entirely theme related because the buttons show and work fine in the default 2014 theme.

Please advise.

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Oh and I updated to latest Dynamix thinking that would fix it. Didn’t. Like the new squishing menu tho (was on v3 before)

Oh, and when you click a hashtag in the twitter feed, you get this on a separate page:

The Twitter REST API v1 is no longer active. Please migrate to API v1.1.
    https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/overview

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I have just tested out the Buddypress issue with the latest version of DynamiX and WordPress, Group > Admin tab > Requests > Accept request. Please can you create me a user or two so I can test this out for you?

The Twitter feed has been updated by Twitter, please follow the new documentation regarding this here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Jackson
    Participant

register a user at http://www.alphashows.com.au/register/

can’t see how thatll help u tho. The missing button is on the admin user on buddypress

Incidentally was using my iphone to type this reply and u have the same problem on thid forum. Submit button is hidden unless I rotate to landscape. Alas that does not work for me and even on desktop the button is misplaced with css

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I mean can you create me a admin user and a standard user so I can test out this scenario as it works fine on my dev site.

I will look into the forum button too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff Utecht
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue on groups. There is no “join group” button on public groups after updating to the latest theme build and buddypress.

Jeff Utecht
    Participant

I just checked five other themes that I have installed and the “join group” button appears on all of them and allows me to join the groups no problem.

Just FYI

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Tom – yes, just create your user as specified then I’ll upgrade you to admin. I don’t know what your email address is etc. Or send me a PM and I’ll give you my login.

Jeff – yeah I dunno, I haven’t seen this problem and people have been joining the groups, but it definitely is an issue to do with buttons disappearing and stuff.

The theme is far from perfect. H3 and H2 titles on dark colored pages still are colored for light colored pages (the background I mean) which makes them too dark to be seen well enough. Some of the submit buttons that have a light background have white text making it hard to see. Some of this might be plugin conflicts with css, but given I’ve tried to disable all plugins except buddypress and still having the buttons not appear makes me doubt the theme.

I’ve used Dynamix since the start, been thru multiple iterations up to v4.

Hope I can get this issue sorted.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Do you have an example of these heading tags not displaying properly, URL? You can alter the color of the heading using the live skin customizer if needs be, this includes all font colors.

Please can you try installing a fresh copy of the theme or try removing the older buddy press folders.

If things are not looking the same, you may have a plugin confliction. If you are updating from an older version, the new Buddypress plugin has added folders to the previous install so things are conflicting. If you login via FTP and remove the following folders from /DynamiX /activity, /blogs, /forums, /groups, /members, /registration, this should resolve your problem.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Jackson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

The login does not seem to work so I cannot test anything currently. Please can you create an admin and a user that I can test with.

It is something to do with your set up that is causing the current issues on your site. On our test site, this is working fine.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Jackson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

If you have set that page to a dark background, you will need to change the heading tags to suit either both light and dark backgrounds or duplicate your skin, set different colors for the font and set that skin to that page.

I have logged into your site with the admin login, created a test account and requested to join. Went back to the group > Admin tab > Requests tab > the request shows.

I recommend resetting your browser cache as it works fine on our computers.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Jackson
    Participant

Good stuff. I already tried on a new browser that I don’t normally use so it can’t be the cache. It’s very odd. I’ll attach a screenshot. This was in Firefox – I have NEVER used Firefox.

Screenshot missing accept button on Firefox

I would have thought that if Dynamix has a feature to make the page a dark background that that should trigger the heading colors to be lighter. Surely…. this is an well established, classic and very well put together theme, and this is having to be set manually? That’s unbelievable.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

As there is a color set for the heading tags they are overwritten so will not change, where as there might not be a color set for your normal paragraph text so these change. It is an migration from the old system.

I have added some CSS to your site to correct this.

#primary-wrapper.nv-dark h1, #primary-wrapper.nv-dark h2, #primary-wrapper.nv-dark h3 {
    color: #ccc;
    }

#primary-wrapper.nv-dark h3 a {
    color: #ccc !important;
    }

Hope you have a good day.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.