Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Accordion and Reveal Content Styling Broken (by me)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Chris Malone
    Participant

Hi.  Something has happened to the styling on accordions and reveal content.  I have been using a child theme to build the site.  I added a reveal and an accordion and the styling is shot.  I disabled the child theme, but the style is still not right.  I haven't altered the original style.css file.  Could you take a look?  Here's a page with all the shortcodes I'm using.

http://bakkenshale.spaceestate.net/features/

Thanks very much.  Love your theme.

Chris Malone

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Some plugins use the same jQuery accordion/tabs code and the CSS can conflict. Can you try disabling all plugins and see if that makes a difference?

Chris Malone
    Participant

Do you know any specifically that have caused a problem?  I am using a mega menu navigation css plugin that may be the culprit, but if I disable, could lose all my custom menus in the process.  So hate to do that unless I have to.  Thanks!

Chris Malone
    Participant

Okay, i deactivated my plugins and it still isn't working right.  Is there something I could have done in the backend Dynamix settigs to break it?  Also, I am using bbPress, that's okay, right?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

It very much looks like a plugin conflict or some other code that is using Accordion – bbPress will work absolutely fine. 

The changes are coming from custom.css which is located in the custom google search. 

Chris Malone
    Participant

Okay, thank you Andy.  I love your theme.  It's excellent and the attention to details is refreshing.  I'll try again and see if I can figure out which plugin is throwing the custom.css stuff.  

Chris Malone
    Participant

Well, I was surprised to find that it was not an expected plugin that was causing it.  I looked for any plugin using a custom.css file.  It turned out to be a Google Custom Search plugin from WPMUDEV.org.   Anyway…thanks for the tip.  I never would have found it problem without it.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad it's sorted Chris and thanks for the compliment. 

Sir Ryan the Great
    Participant

Sorry to drag this one back out… I just started experiencing the same issue with the styling on the reveal content and tab code on a fresh install and have disabled all my plugins (I haven’t even installed any plugins of my own – its a fresh install of WP 3.5).

Unfortunately, I am building a test site using the theme on a local server (using instant wordpress) so can’t provide a URL. I have attached a screenshot… maybe I could provide a snippet from the inspect element in firefox if you were to direct me where exactly to look? I had imported my pages from an existing WP site and noticed this issue once I had made changes to a page for the first time and replaced the old shortcodes (from the live site with various plugins installed) with new dynamix short codes.

Thanks for your help!Accordion styling error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.