Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Accordion in Visual Composer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

I have very hard trying to add the accordion (the same as the homepage of dynamix demo site, the one that says Powerful/Why-Dynamix?/Make-Contact). I tried to use the same shortcode and use it in the editor but actually it breaks the entire interface (hard to read what is a close/open element needed or not, since we dont have identation and similar things in the manual editor)

The thing is that this option doesn’t appears on the Visual Composer, or I don’t see it, and even worse, you cannot drag this element or duplicate for move it to another column (trying to get the one from the demo xml)

Thanks
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The accordion is definitely in Visual Composer and it seems to work fine on my development site. When inserting it via Visual Composer, does it cause the layout break? If so, it sounds like a plugin is conflicting causing this. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting. If this still doesn’t work, please reply with your login details and I will take a further look into it for you.

Are you trying to drag elements from one page to another? If so, this is not possible with Visual Composer.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Well, I was using the last version and it was not… but I finally think that I found the cause! The reasons seems like to be because I was editing the “Home” page (from demo contents) and it seems like it requested me to “migrate to new visual composer”, I think that this is the cause since now I tried to create a new page and it appears correctly on it.

Thanks,
    Thanatermesis

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Oh wait! this was not the problem, the thing is that you cannot add accordions in divided rows!

More exactly: Add a new row in visual composer, select it to be divided in 2 pieces (1/2 + 1/2 in custom layout), now from these layouts if you try to add an accordion (of text, not gallery) the option is not available

Thanatermesis
    Participant

How to reproduce:
    1- create a row
    2- inside it, create a row, and customize the layout to be 1/2 + 1/2
    3- in one of these sub-row’s, add an accordion: the option is not available

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The accordion gallery can be inserted anywhere but the accordion toggle element, can only be used on an initial row, not within a secondary row.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

That is, there is the problem 🙂

If is not possible, maybe it should show a message or something like that? im just talking about the experience of the users like me saying “wtf, i have no accordions”

Thanks
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will suggest this, thanks.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.