Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Accordion Section Title Box Outline Style Display Issues/Bug

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hello,

Throughout our new website we use accordion drop down boxes to display content. When using the accordion style Classic, Modern, or Flat everything works fine, but when using the accordion style Outline there are display problems. For many places throughout the site the Outline style works better due to it’s minimalist nature.

When the page first renders the accordion section title boxes look correct, with the titles visible as normal and the first box automatically expanded, however, when you move the cursor over the title boxes of the non-expanded sections the title box blanks out in all blue with no visible text, if you move the cursor away without clicking on the non-expanded title box the title box blanks out in all white with no visible text, and if you click on a non-expanded title box it will expand and either you will see the title box text as normal, or the title box will be blanked out in all white with no visible text.

A representative example can be seen at the top left of this page: http://dev.learnaslead.com/programs/workshops/personal-mastery/

I have tested this via the latest versions of Safari 9.1.1 and Firefox 48 on multiple different Mac’s running OS 10.11.6 (and also prior versions of Safari, Firefox, and the OS) with the same erroneous behavior displayed. DynamiX 5.3 , WP 4.5.3, Visual Composer 4.11.2.

I can provide images of the issue upon request (not sure how to attach an image from my computer to this forum post).

Please have a look. Thanks,

Noah

Hi Noah,

I have checked and I do see the issue from our end. Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can check our accordion’s settings?

Thanks!

Noah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @learnaslead

Can you please recheck the login credentials you sent? I can’t seem to login using it.

Thanks!

Noah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @learnaslead

I have thoroughly checked and I can’t figure out what is causing the behavior on the accordion. Also, it is not behaving this way on our test site here:
    http://testarea.acoda.com/dynamix/content-elements/

I created a test page on your site and it is still behaving the same as seen here: http://dev.learnaslead.com/?page_id=12300&preview=true

Can you try to reinstall a fresh copy of the theme to make sure there was no customization done to it that could be causing the issue?

Thanks!

Noah
    Participant

Hi, I started this site with a fresh installation of the theme since our current live site is so old that it breaks when I try to update it, so I know there are not customizations, however, if you would like to provide step by step instructions for a novice backend user on how to install a fresh copy of the theme I would be happy to try that. Thanks!

Hi @learnaslead

As I checked, the accordions on your page is now behaving better. There are still some slight issues but its better than it was before.

For the theme’s installation, you can download a fresh copy of the theme from ThemeForest. Unzip the file as that contains the actual zip file for the theme.

Once done, go to this page http://dev.learnaslead.com/wp-admin/themes.php and activate Twenty Fifteen. Doing so, you should now be able to delete Dynamix by clicking on its thumbnail and you should see ‘Delete’ on the lower-right corner of the pop-up.

After that, go to the Themes page again and click on ‘Add new” at the top of the page, then click on ‘Upload Theme’ on the next page. Select your theme’s zip file and install it.

Regards,

Noah
    Participant

Hello,

I replaced the theme but unfortunately have the same issue. I think from here I will just change the style from Outline to Flat which works without issue – I think what you were seeing was a change from Outline to Classic style which works better but still not correctly. Thanks.

Hi @learnaslead

Thanks for the follow-up and glad to know you’re all set.

If you have other issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.