Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Add columns to footer on Dynamix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Cobramor
    Participant

Hi. I would like to add two more columns to my website’s footer, so I may create some space between contents. Basically I would like to try a 6 and 8 column layout on Dynamix’s theme footer. Alternativelly, I would like to know if it’s possible to divide a footer column into smaller columns using a widget.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi @cobramor

If your sole purpose of adding more columns to the footer is to have some space between contents, then you can just decrease the width of the current footer columns then increase the margin/padding between columns

It is not technically possible to divide a column into smaller columns using a widget, but you can add a text widget then add your custom column codes to it.

There are basically a number of workarounds to this, but this will depend on how you want the page to look, what contents you will add and why you’re basically doing it among others to consider.

Regards,

Cobramor
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to increase the number of columns not only to separate contents but also to place elements such as images with external links in smaller sizes with better alignment. But your suggestion of changing the width and margin/padding between columns will certainly be useful as well. So, I would ask you the following questions:

» Is it possible to change the number of columns on the footer and how do I do it?

» How do I change the width of the footer columns and the margin/padding between them?

I will also try the text or html widget for one of the things I wanted to add to the footer.

Thank you for your help,

Hi @cobramor

Adding more columns will require a lot of codes changes to PHP and CSS which we do not support. You will need to hire a developer

You can use this CSS to change the width and spacing on the footer columns:
    .block.columns.large-3 {
    width: 20%;
    margin-right: 20px;
    }

You can update the values depending on your preference.

Regards,

Cobramor
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help. I would like to ask one final question but concerning another situation:

I’ve managed to remove the shopping cart from the main menu (thanks to another post on this forum) but it still appears on the menu in the mobile version of the site. Could you please help with this situation? Do I have to make a new post for this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @cobramor

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check on this from our end?

Regards,

Cobramor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @cobramor

This should be fixed now. I added this CSS:

#mobile-tabs span.shop-cart-items, #mobile-tabs span.shop-cart-icon{
        display: none;
    }

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.