Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Add text below comments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Is there any way to add a static statement (like a disclaimer) above or below comments?

Hi @fscbmwcca

This can be done manually via the theme files or via plugins.

This is briefly discussed here: https://wpsites.net/web-design/modify-text-before-after-comment-form/

If you want to use a plugin, one example you can use is this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-widget-after-content/

Regards

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

That worked thanks. One last favor (please) as I am not versed in php. Is there any way to add a line break to the text in quotes? For example:
    I want it to look like
    We value your privacy, your email address will not be published.</br>
    Required fields are marked *

Here is my code::
    $arg[‘comment_notes_before’] = ‘<p class=”comment-notes”>’ . __( ‘We value your privacy, your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *’ ) . ‘</p>’;
    return $arg;

Thanks so much

PS this is only displayed to users that are not logged in, how can I display to everyone?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by fscbmwcca fscbmwcca.

Hi @fscbmwcca

Have you tried this code:

$arg[‘comment_notes_before’] = ‘<p class=”comment-notes”>’ . __( ‘We value your privacy, your email address will not be published. .‘<br/>’. Required fields are marked *’ ) . ‘</p>’;
    return $arg;

This will only displayed to non-logged in users since if logged in, the fields are already autofilled with their name and email address.

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

when i insert the .‘<br/>’. `between the sentences I get a 500 error.

My complete code added to the child theme functions.php is

`function wpsites_modify_text_before_comment_form($arg) {
    $arg[‘comment_notes_before’] = ‘<p class=”comment-notes”>’ . __( ‘Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *’ ) . ‘</p>’;
    return $arg;
    }

add_filter(‘comment_form_defaults’, ‘wpsites_modify_text_before_comment_form’);

We will also be creating a disclaimer about comments (I don’t have the wording yet), so I need this to be displayed to everyone logged in and logged out…

Hi @fscbmwcca

Can you please try this:

function wpsites_modify_text_before_comment_form($arg) {
        $arg['comment_notes_before'] = '<p class="comment-notes">We value your privacy, your email address will not be published. <br/> Required fields are marked *</p>’;
        return $arg;
    }

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

500 error 🙁

Hi @fscbmwcca

Can you please send over your site’s FTP login credentials so I can test this?

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @fscbmwcca

Please send your FTP credentials instead of the WP dashboard credentials as it’s safer to edit files from FTP.

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Hi @fscbmwcca

I could not connect to the FTP server. I think the login credentials you sent is for you Dashboard. Please send your FTP login so we can connect to the server.

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Hi @fscbmwcca

Can you also send over the FTP password? I think you forgot to send it.

Regards,

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.