Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Adding a [hozbreak] to be 100% screen width not container width ?.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Rory Rothon
    Participant

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You would have to create some custom CSS/Image to achieve this. You can't use the line you're pointing to because it's part of a larger graphic.

Rory Rothon
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

My scroller has been hardcoded into header.php.

I would like to use your [*hozbreak*] to span the full width of the body.

Could you possibly suggest to me where to place the html / css as i have tried but still seem to be restricted by the container div.

Any help would be very much appretiated 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rory,

The only way you would be able to do that is to set the containers to full width. The hozbreak inherits the width. By changing to full width you'll lose center alignment though. 

Rory Rothon
    Participant

Maybe i could close the container class div, insert a hozbreak with a seperate class, the wrap the rest inside a container div.

Thus giving me 2 containers with my custom hozbreak in between?

Worth a try i suppose.

Its judt where to find the file with the html layout :/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rory,

You woud have to close a lot of DIV's to achieve that – it would be messy. The other option is to insert a DIV with a relative position (where you want the break) – then insert a DIV with absolute positon and make that with following CSS, 200%;left:-100%;top:0; – may not be 100% correct but it'll help you. 

Rory Rothon
    Participant

Now thats an idea!

Was thinking of similar.

Thanks for the advice Andy and keep up the good work 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.