Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Adding a widget area above Header.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Anthony Rossi
    Participant

1. I would like to add a widget area above my header for a full page email signup… you can see an example here How should I go about this?
    (the Display Drop Panel is not going to cut it for me for a few reasons)

2. There is a little arrow pointing down(so you can close the widget) towards the bottom of the page mentioned above… If anyone knows what kind of widget the email signup is placed into, i would appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks!

Anthony Rossi
    Participant

While you’re here…

3. Why is the footer having trouble staying on the bottom of the page, it is halfway up the page when there is no copy and almost touching the bottom on others (the lower footer is disabled)

4. Scrolling up and down in internet explorer makes the pages background photo jitter (shake up and down very fast), this does not happen when in chrome.

5. Any idea on how to keep content of a row to wrap to the row? ie… if you type really long words like “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” in a post, they will run out of the container and right off the right side of the screen. I imagine an answer to this would also fix how “Contact Form 7” also manages to extend past the row it was placed in on my android device.

Anthony Rossi
    Participant

6. How do I turn off the “read more” on the main blog page for every post? I want to display my full post every time… I am not seeing any options in Advanced Excerpt.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Anthony,

1. There is no link in your content, did you link it up correctly?

2. The contact form widget is placed in the Drop Panel Column.

3. If there is no content within the page, the footer will appear under the main content, it will not stick to the bottom of the page. Please check a short page on the demo site to see this. If you want it to be at the bottom of the page, you could add in a few blank dividers to space it down.

4. Which version of IE are you testing in? Does it do this with the DynamiX demo site?

5. Try adding the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Custom CSS.

p {
    word-wrap: break-word;
    }

This will be added to the next version.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Anthony Rossi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi.

1,2. I am not sure what you mean by this? The effect that they have on their site requires a huge amount of code to have this section above the menu that is not possible to do with DynamiX using the standard Theme Options.

4. I will get this looked at.

5. This will be an issue with Contact form 7, we cannot control 3rd plugins. I recommend contacting the plugin developers to see if they can solve this.

6. I must have been posted my answers while you posted the question. Try setting the excerpt to a high number so that the entire post shows. Another thing to try is to go to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Post Content > Full Content.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Anthony Rossi
    Participant

1&2 This is probably more suited to be a general WordPress question.
    If I wanted to add something to appear at the top of my wordpress website prior to the themes header, what do I need to edit in order to get it there.

The only reason I really mentioned anything about the other website is so you could see what I was talking about, I thought there might be a place within the theme to add a custom widget.

5. So I can not add code to tell a row to wrap its content?
    Not sure why this is because it looks like the custom css you gave me above does the same type of function.

6. setting the excerpt to a high number so that the entire post shows did not work for my fix but the second part of your advice did (for your future reference)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add widgets to appear within the drop down panel, but this won’t be shown unless the user clicks on the down arrow. You can add widgets via Appearance > Widgets > Drop panel.

5. There may be code that can do this but as it is a 3rd party plugin, we have no control over it. Asking the developers about this is the best way to get results. This may be a bug in their code that they have not come across yet.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.