Home / Forums / ePix Support / Adding Social Media Icons to a Grid Gallery

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

This seems such a simple task that I relegated it to the bottom of the priority list. Seems I miscalculated. I have a standard grid gallery (http://wildbasinlodge.com/wild-basin-lodge-photo-gallery/) that I wish to embed social media share icons into. Ideally – both on the thumbnail and the larger lightbox image.

I’ve scoured the Interwebs and found quite a few plugins that work for images added via the standard WP ‘Add Media” method – but none that will work within ePix’s Gallery. I suspect I’m not the only person wishing to allow visitors to share and pin pictures and am curious if there is a way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/advice etc..

Hi @nilsk

For now, this feature is not yet available by default on ePix. You will need to use a plugin to activate social media icons on the images of the gallery. We do not have a list of plugins that work with ePix that does this as we also have not noticed anybody asking for such feature.

I will coordinate this with the developer for consideration on future updates for the theme

Thanks!

johnvdeluca1
    Participant

I would love to see this added too. Ideally a hover “pin it” share option for images linking to Pinterest and share icons for the gallery and blog pages.

Thank you for your feedback. This has been forwarded to the dev for consideration. For now, the only option to achieve this is to use a plugin.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.