Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Admin only drop panel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Heinrich
    Participant

Is it possible to maybe disable the drop panel for certain users and have it active for admins only? I would like to use it for admin tools only, like viewing reports etc.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there is no option to do this – you would need to add some custom PHP to the header.php file to achieve this. 

Heinrich
    Participant

Sure – I figured I would need to use custom php. Could you maybe just tell me where the settings for the drop down box gets saved? If I select "search only" as the option for the drop down box, where does this get executed?

I will create a conditional to check if the user has certain priviledges to determine if he is admin or not.

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

In the header.php search for this line.

<?php if(get_option('droppanel')!="disable") { ?>

If you add the admin condition aswell it should do the job. 

Heinrich
    Participant

Thanks! This is perfect

Heinrich
    Participant

Andy – One more question regarding admin rights etc. I would like to display a different "Custom WP3 menu" for logged in users and users that's not logged in. I know I would have to change some of the php. Could you possibly tell me where I can do this?

Ideally I would like 2 custom menus inside the Appearance -> Menus tab. One for Logged in and one for Logged Out. Any chance you can assist in this?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The menu is also defined in the header.php – see this line 

<?php if(get_option('wpcustomm_enable')=="enable") { 

it's below this line of where the menu is defned. You just need to define another menu id for logged in users. 

Heinrich
    Participant

Andy, Thanks again for your support!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.