Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / AdSense banner to right of site name/tagline header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Sean Ferigan
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to place an AdSense banner ad (768×90) to the right of the site name/tagline header? The position would look something like:

SiteName                768x90 AdSense BANNER AD
    Tagline

Many thanks,
    Sean

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sean,

It is possible, although you would need to know your way around CSS / HTML. You can enter the ad into Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Custom Header HTML / Shortcode.

Sean Ferigan
    Participant

Thanks Andy, I know (some) CSS / HTML but wasn’t sure where it would need to be placed as I’m still getting to grips with WordPress & DynamiX 🙂

I also have another question: I’m using BuddyPress and want to change the template that it uses for the /register page. I’ve tried changing the template in the page settings (where I have a “dummy” page entry for “register” that BuddyPress picks up) but it doesn’t seem to affect anything and the template that BuddyPress is using for user registration is not appropriate; I want to use the full-width template with no sidebars or footer columns. Any advice on where to start?

Regards,
    Sean

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sean,

Unfortunately the BuddyPress pages are not “real” pages, therefore they do not adhere to the page settings. It takes the default page layout from Appearance > Theme Options > BuddyPress.

You could edit DynamiX/lib/inc/page-constants.php to place a new statement ( bp_is_register_page() ) in to check if it’s the registration page and choose a layout based on that.

The only way to hide the footer columns is by CSS as you can’t control unless you add a statement in to check the page you’re on and hide the columns in footer.php ( hiding via CSS is much easier ).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.