Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / After upgrade of WP…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • Nina Bos
    Participant

Hello!

Can you help us with this:

Google chrome: a 3 colum gallery is displayed in 2 colums
    example: http://dubrovnikweddings.com/list-hotels-in-dubrovnik/

Slideset manager is no longer working

I have deleted VC, reinstalled it as you said. The same for the Cache in the plugins as well as on the browser.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

You will need to update DynamiX and the options should be fixed. After you have updated, you can then update VC.

I am using Chrome and your gallery showed up in 3 columns for me. I recommend resetting your browser cache also.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

I have updated to the latest stable version of VC for you without any issues. You are also on the latest stable version of Revolution Slider too.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

Ah I see what you mean. This is because HostGator set a very low memory limit for sites. Your site is running out of memory.

Please follow the WordPress memory guide here.

If that doesn’t work, try upping you suhosin value value on your server. You will need to ask them to increase to the following suhosin value:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

Most servers have a higher value by default, the odd one or two are too low.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

To say the site is full of bad coding it sounds like an excuse for their incompetence. It is not full of bad code at all or else it would not be on ThemeForest to start with. When other users have a server with a low memory on it, the host will fix the suhosin and the user the WP.

You can update the WordPress memory yourself by following the guide posted.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

I have finally figured out the issue. Your slide set galleries have images coming from an external source. You cannot resize external images. So it is loading these very large images into a page, coupled with everything else loading on the page, makes the server max out and crashes the page. You will need to upload these images to your site and turn the image resizer on. This should solve the issue with the error 500 page.

The main culprit is the Dubrovnik slide set. The image URL is like this, /~corr/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dubrovnik.jpg. Removing this gallery from the page makes the page work so it is down to this.

The formatting seems the same in your preview window as it does on the site?

Hope this helps.

Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant

Nina Bos
    Participant

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

I am really not sure what else to say, this has been mentioned time and time again on the support forum with a blank page which is what people usually get when their install runs out of memory. See this post here for an example.

Changing the theme would work as it doesn’t have half of the features on there. It is due to a combination of the features and functionality that the WordPress memory needs to be increased. it has been done time and time again where adding more memory has worked. Switching to a standard theme is not a direct comparison and if they carry on stating that the theme is bad then Andy(theme creator) will be taking legal action towards them. It is clear they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

I recommend switching hosting companies to a more reliable host with better customer service.

Here is another post regarding this blank screen 500 error issue.

Please can you reply with your FTP details and we will take a further look into this for you. Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.