Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / All Slide set galleries not working with 2.8.9 upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Lilly
    Participant

Hello Andy, we recently updated to 2.8.9 and once uploaded found that all slide set galleries from accordian to image galleries only show 1 image being the first in the slide sets. This included a video slide set that now when you press the next arrow jumps the person to the top of the page. Changing the URL from blognostics.net/ to blognostics.net/#  

Also we have on the site some Blog Pages that seem to now be pulling in images and share icons where it wasn't before.

We have chacked for a conflict by deactivating every plugin and it is still doing the same. I also checked the head.php file and found that the JQuery codes were in the <body rather than in the <head section. I put the code back in the <head but still the slide set galleries don't work. Lastly we have checked that our server enables php5 and libcache 775 and 777. We are at a loss. 

We have now reinstalled the previous version. But if you want to look for yourself by viewing our current theme then uploaading the new version you will see what I mean.

If you are able to check we will gladly provide the admin user and pass. 

Cheers in advance and Have a happy easter.

Alex

Lilly
    Participant

I forgot to mention we use an FIAGallery as well as yours for some pages and they even disappeared.

Here are some images of the blog page before and after. also Ithe FIA Gallery page

Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

Can you provide a link to the site, I'll be able to see the errors that maybe showing. 

Lilly
    Participant

The site  is blognostics   

As I mentioned earlier we re-uploaded the previous version.  We couldn't have the site with 2.8.9 live with all the errors. 

Cheers 

Martin Vaughan
    Participant

Lilly, I love the small social icons just above your footer – was that hard?  I just happened to be nosing around and found your site.  Nice work!

My site is http://www.martinrayvaughan.com, and I am new to Dynamix.

Let me know if your social icon thingy was a simple implementation:)

Cheers,

Marty

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

There are a few bugs in the header. 

1) It's missing jw player (the path maybe incorrect). 

2) You have the following code in the header (not sure if it's a plugin or entered manually but it's causing an issue) – it's below this section of code

jQuery('.wpcart_gallery a').each(function() {

jQuery('.wpcart_gallery a.thickbox').unbind('click');

jQuery(this).removeClass('thickbox').addClass('galleryimg');

var rel = jQuery(this).attr("rel");

jQuery(this).attr('rel', 'prettyPhoto['+rel+']');

jQuery(this).attr('title', rel);

jQuery(this).removeAttr('rev');

});

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Martin

Those social icons are plugins. Probably Sociable. I have that on my site  http://www.kyleflemingphotography.com 

You have a great site!

Kyle

Lilly
    Participant

Hi Andy thanks for having a snoop. When it comes to coding I am a fumbling trial and error person. I thought that code came with your theme. If you could give us a way of finding out how to remove it that would help. ie. deactivate plugins or just remove the code manually? I gather we need a raw untampered with dynamix head code??? 

Any help very much appreciated as we feel that your theme is the best out there bar none. 

Cheers

@Martin we are using the addthis plugin, easy straightforward install. Cheers for visiting. We had a snoop at your site and it's brilliant. Feel free to add images to our site if you want as we have galleries of photographers and painters. That also applies to you @Kyle 🙂

Lilly

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

My apologies – that code is the Theme but below that lies the problem. Can you try disabling google analytics to see if the issue disappears. Whilst you're there try disabling all plugins (other than WPEC) to see if that remedies the issue. 

Lilly
    Participant

thanks Andy for the guidence, I have removed that code and will try re uploading the latest version soon. 

fingers crossed 🙂

Cheers

Lilly

Lilly
    Participant

Hi Andy, We are still experiencing the same issues with all slide set galleries and image widgets.

We have deactivated all plugins as well. Still a no go as we have lost our other FIA galleries as well.

I'm wondering if it is because of some code with the latest theme for example

the first code is the older theme….

<!–[if gte IE 9]> <script type="text/javascript"> Cufon.set('engine', 'canvas'); </script> <![endif]–>

<?php } ?>

<script type='text/javascript'>

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

jQuery(".product_form").live('submit' , function() { 

if(jQuery(this).parents('form:first').find('select.wpsc_select_variation[value=0]:first').length)

return false;

var cartCount = jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text();

var cartInt = parseInt(cartCount);

var quantity = parseInt(jQuery('.cartcount').val());

if (quantity > 1)

cartInt += quantity;

else

cartInt++;

jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text(cartInt);

});

jQuery('a.emptycart').click(function(){

jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text("0");

});

jQuery('.shop-cart').hover(function(e) {

jQuery(this).find('.shop-cart-contents').hoverFlow(e.type, { height: "show" }, 150, "easeInOutCubic");

}, function(e) {

jQuery(this).find('.shop-cart-contents').hoverFlow(e.type, { height: "hide" }, 250, "easeInBack");

});

});

});

<![endif]–>

<?php if(strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'iPhone') || strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'iPad')) { $i_device=true; } // detect iPhone / iPad ?>

</head>

This is the new one…

<style type="text/css">

.content-wrapper,.styledbox.general,.columns.border,.gallery-wrap,div#object-nav.item-list-tabs,div#message {

behavior: url(<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/js/PIE.htc);

}

</style>

[19/04/12 11:24:14 AM] alex: Thi is the new head php. 

</head>

<body  <?php body_class('inskin-'.$DYN_inskin); ?>>

<?php require CWZ_FILES ."/inc/cufon-replace.php"; // Cufon Font Replacement Script ?>

<script type='text/javascript'>

<?php if(get_option('priority_loading')=='enable') { ?>

head.ready(function() {

<?php } ?>

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

jQuery(".product_form").live('submit' , function() { 

if(jQuery(this).parents('form:first').find('select.wpsc_select_variation[value=0]:first').length)

return false;

var cartCount = jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text();

var cartInt = parseInt(cartCount);

var quantity = parseInt(jQuery('.cartcount').val());

if (quantity > 1)

cartInt += quantity;

else

cartInt++;

jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text(cartInt);

});

jQuery('a.emptycart').click(function(){

jQuery('.shop-cart .shop-cart-itemnum').text("0");

});

jQuery('.shop-cart').hover(function(e) {

jQuery(this).find('.shop-cart-contents').hoverFlow(e.type, { height: "show" }, 150, "easeInOutCubic");

}, function(e) {

jQuery(this).find('.shop-cart-contents').hoverFlow(e.type, { height: "hide" }, 250, "easeInBack");

});

});

});

I'm no expert but I thought the jquery should be above the </head> tag.

We will keep the site under construction until we hear from you soon. The site has nothing on it, no plugins activated except W3cache. none of our custom CSS added either. It is Raw. 

thanks Lilly 

Lilly
    Participant

diregard this line it was a typo

[19/04/12 11:24:14 AM] alex: Thi is the new head php. 

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

One more thing I am not sure if you will be able to see the site because we have the underconstruction thingy up. If you can't would you drop us an email and we will send you the admin password 

admin@blognostics.net 

Thank you 

Lilly

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

Where are you at with this now ? The jQuery errors have changed slightly. What page the galleries on and have you tried this beta version. http://help.themeva.com/groups/dynamix-support/forum/topic/author-name-shows-up/?topic_page=2&num=15#post-9887

Lilly
    Participant

Andy, 

This is strange are galleries are working now but we still have the challenge with the slider not working in the footer and we have a youtube video thingy at the bottom of the home page that used to have a sider in that would take you to the next video when you click on the arrows now when you click on the arrows it directs you to the top of the home page url. (strange) and the roll over on the images  is now working. Strange again. does it take time for the template to propagate???? 

http://blognostics.net/

The techie page looks okay with the share plugin off they are not getting pulled into the blog layout but once on, the shares, no matter which ones we use now gets pulled into the excerpt, with the new upgrade. There are two post that the images are getting pulled into the excerpt even though we used the image source

http://blognostics.net/bn-techie/

Also the slider is not working 

http://blognostics.net/gold-and-platinum-beat-lounges/

when you click the arrow it  takes you back to the top of the page instead of taking you to the next image 

as far as the beta version do you want me to add that and remove the  jQuery that is there currently? 

Look forward to hearing from you 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.