Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Alternative for Element Deprecated Divider ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

on my website I use very offen the Element “Divider” which is outdated now. What can You recommend me as an alternative?
    Have many thanks in advance.

Kind regards Frank from Germany (sorry for the english)

Hi @frankwwweber

Can you please send a sample URL where you want a ‘Divider’ applied or a mockup of it so we can check how best to apply it using CSS?

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

please see here:

http://fotologbuch.de/fotokurse-workshops-berlin/

Best Regards Frank

There are a number of ways around it. One option is to still use the div for the divider, but apply a CSS to it instead of using the image divider.

You can use this CSS to add the shadow to the div for the divider divider (after removing the image inside it)

height:20px;
            background:-webkit-radial-gradient(50% -3%, ellipse cover, rgba(00, 00, 00, 0.4), rgba(97, 97, 97, 0.0) 40%);
            background:		   radial-gradient(ellipse at 50% -3%, rgba(00, 00, 00, 0.5), rgba(97, 97, 97, 0.0) 40%);

Can you please try it?

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @frankwwweber

I am not sure how you configured your site but I can try it. Please send your login credentials so we can check it. Just to confirm, the divider you are referring to are those lines with shadows near the bottom of the page, correct?

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @frankwwweber

I found a better alternative compared to the CSS I sent to you. The better option would be to add Trennlinie (Separator) element with shadows.

You should now see it working if you visit http://fotologbuch.de/fotokurse-workshops-berlin/fotokurs-workshop-einzelkurs-individualkurs/

Can you please check from your end?

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

have many thanks. Looks nice for me. Can I use this from now or is this function coming in the next update?

Best regards Frank

Hi @frankwwweber

You can use it moving forward.

Thanks,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edsel,

At the moment I try to make a new page with this feature. There is only one problem if I use the Separator. I need more space under the Separator. At the moment I have a following Headline (h4) an this ist to near by the Separator. Please see here:

http://fotologbuch.de/fotokurse-workshops-berlin/fotokurs-berlin-langzeitbelichtung-einfuehrung/

How can I get more space after the Separator?

Have many Thanks und Kind Regards Frank Weber from Germany (sorry for the English)

Hi Frank,

All you need to do is to go to the settings for that Separator then go to ‘Design Options’ then add a bottom margin. You can start with 20px then adjust it based on your preference after previewing.

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edsel,

Wow, have many Thanks.

Kind Regards Frank

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.