Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Analytics not tracking after update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hey, I updated to the latest version of Dynamix that was available on 6/10, and I realized just checking now that Google Analytics has been tracking zero page views ever since then. I have no idea what happened, can you help me fix this? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey,

Where have you placed the analytic code? It should be in the Tracking Code field, is it still there and contains the full code?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I honestly can’t remember, it was over a year ago that I first installed it. Where is the Tracking Code field?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The tracking code field didn’t exist a year ago, the update has probably knocked out your existing setup. You can place the analytics tracking code in Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Tracking Code.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks, I found it. I honestly had no idea that themes could affect things like Analytics, I could have sworn that the code was originally placed somewhere in the site’s coding itself with the Editor. Do I need to try and find and remove the old code?

Also, for the new tracker in theme options, it’s the full tracking code beginning with <script>, right? Not the tracking ID? Thanks!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Also this is the only place I need to place the code? Because Analytics says to place the code in every page you want to track.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yep, it does – although technically it’s a ‘theme’ it’s actually the entire site structure.

Yep the full code, including the script tags and it will affect all pages automatically for you.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Cool, thanks! Since you said that this theme affects the entire site’s structure, does that mean that it would be particularly difficult should I decide to use a different theme in the future? Certainly wouldn’t be doing so any time soon, just curious.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Other themes will not accept Slider, Visual Composer elements and general Admin options, like tracking code, custom CSS etc. The only thing that will be left is the main content ( text, images ) etc on the page. Lots of new stuff is on it’s way, so if you did decide to change theme, it’ll be to one of my new ones and all theme options, sliders etc will migrate seamlessly.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

So if for example I were to change from Dynamix to Tersus everything would be left intact? I’ll definitely be keeping Dynamix for a while since updating and changing themes is usually quite a headache for me.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yep that’s right, more so the new versions i.e. DynamiX 3.x to Tersus 2.x.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.