Home / Forums / ePix Support / Android background problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Nicolas Duarte
    Participant

Hey there !

I have a little problem with Android phones and tablets. I see the problem both on phone and tablet simulator as well as my own phone.
    I’ve set the background color to black on my website, but whenever I’m scrolling up or down on those devices, the background seems to be returning to its original color (light greyish), for a few secondes or sometimes permanently.
    While it is not a big problem on the design perspective, per se, my font color is white, which makes it impossible to read anything, which is a bigger problem. :p

Any idea where the problem could come from ?

Thanks a lot for any clues, hints or solutions, and happy new year !

-Nico

PS: cool work on that theme … a good photographer’s theme IS a rare thing. 😉

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nico,

We were not aware of this issue, obviously it works in Chrome and every other browser but for some reason Android has a weird set up. It works on other tablets like iPads fine, but does not work on Android.

Andy is looking into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nicolas Duarte
    Participant

Cool !

Thanks for the answer, Tom, that’s one fast support 🙂

Nicolas Duarte
    Participant

Hey there !

Any news on this issue ?

-Nico

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nico,

It looks like Android cannot handle the opacity being set on the skin which is a basic CSS setting. I am not sure how we can get around this at the moment without setting no opacity. Try taking off the opacity from the background and test it again.

Nicolas Duarte
    Participant

Hey Tom,

That’s what I thought, reading around on the web, but hoped you guys knew something more about it.
    Anyway, I thought the Opacity was at 100%, but it seems it wasn’t ; pushing the opacity to max made the problem disappear.
    Thanks a lot, guys !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.