Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Audio in Dynamix?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Mark
    Participant

Hi there

I am trying yo use Audio in the Page content but wanted to use a graphic that can be clicked on to launch it. I have used Audio Player but it does not work on iphone or ipad. Any ideas? I wondered if I had missed that you had one built into the theme?

thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

What about using Vimeo or YouTube, I’ve built in HTML5 player for both of them and they will work with iPad/iPhone.

Mark
    Participant

Hi Andy,

to do this would I need to upload the audio to Youtube for example? If so then presumably I would also upload it with a graphic?

I have sent you my wp login regarding another post. If you view the home page you can see the cumbersome workaround I came up with basically using Audio Player and then an image with URL link to the audio file just above it. Whilst iphone/pad users can then listen it does still show

“non support of flash message on the iphone/pd” message which looks ugly – and then when user clicks the graphic as the alternative it takes them off the page which I’d prefer not to.

Any thoughts would be FAB

thanks

P.S. Sorry to be a little OTT with the questions in one go and on my other posts but I have been saving them up in the “Need to Know Piggy Bank” :o)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ideally it would be a movie file with the image already in. Not sure if YouTube have an option to add one when you upload music.

I’m looking at integrating jw player – but I need to check licensing first.

I’m addressing the non flash issue – I’m going to default to the stage gallery when it’s not present, that way iPad/iPhone won’t get that issue. 🙂

Mark
    Participant

Good thinking Batman!!

Shame Apple we’re not as forward thinking when bringing out these gadgets – didn’t stop me buying them though – perhaps it’s all my fault for getting on the Apple gravy train ;o)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I can happily overlook the flash issue – I love my iPhone 4, had all of them so far and never bothered me. Plus everything will have HTML5 soon enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.