Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Background image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • AeroComputers
    Participant

Would it be a CSS hack to add a repeating watermark-style background image inside the light/dark inner skin? Or would it be more complicated than that.

thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You could add a background-image to the body tag.

AeroComputers
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I'm glad it's just CSS.

David
    Participant

Hi I had the same question, could you kindly direct me to the body tag?

What file what line.

I basically want to add a background image like this page http://aquilamorong.com/

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Create a new rule in the style.css or if you're using 2.8.7 use the custom CSS box found in Skin Settings. Past the following code with your URL in for the background image-

body {background:url(pathtoimagegoeshere);} 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky,

Holiday was great thanks!

You're going to run into issues putting a different background on that page, mainly because of the twitter feed and social icons. The graphics can't can only cope with light and dark background with the specific colours chosen for light and dark. You would need a custom job to change this. 

If you still wanted it to work for that page you would need something like. 

body.page-id-783 {background:url(…);} 

The .page-id-783 refers to that page id which can be found when you view the source of the page and search for body. 

David
    Participant

Thanks a lot Andy, I'll give it a show, your theme rocks man!

spaidisseny
    Participant

thanks andy for your super support assistance. 

Ricky

spaidisseny
    Participant

sorry andy, i can't find page where i should add   body.page-id-783 {background:url(…);} 

activity stream?

create?

style.css?

i cant find… but guesing it should be something like page.php… 

comments? thanks you very much.

ricky

spaidisseny
    Participant

can i modify directly the file with dreamweaver getting the file from the server (FTP) look for  (page id 783) or something similar… or where is the place i need to add body.page-id-783 {background:url(…);} 

and rest of instructions.

thanks as usual.

ricky

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky,

You'll need to add that CSS to the style.css file or if you're using DynamiX 2.8.8 you can add to the Skin Settings -> Custom CSS. 

The id comes from the source code of the page. If you right click on the page -> view source and search for <body you'll see the page ID. 

I hope that helps. 

spaidisseny
    Participant

many thanks

whoman33
    Participant

change background skin black… can i change it ?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Do you mean the mid section? If so follow the above guide and you should be able to change it to black. 

Tim Lemons
    Participant

Hey @whoman33 – check out http://www.cityinvasions.com/wordpress and you can see what I did. if you want to do something like that I can give you some advice. Also click on one of the other pages and you'll notice the background is different from the home page.

Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.