Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Backround image and nav menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Salvador
    Participant

Hi there. Background image again.

Adding the line to the custom css in skin settings wont work, digging and adding lines in style.css wont work. Im gonna go mad soon.

Could someone tell me in straight words how to change the bloody background of a site?

I am using Custom Skin + for the site.

What I do is:

I have background image for header and background image for body (which needs some padding to move it down to fit the headers image – then it looks like it was one).

Or maybe I am wrong and i should use just one image without messing around it? But then the image is cut by header’s bottom border…

The other thing is nav menu in header, which, for the sake of the design, must be centered on a page and moved down a bit. How to move it? I know it is CSS case, but I am bit geek (so don’t shout at me please) and when I change some values in CSS it moves, but the rollover effects stay in place so it looks awful.

Please help, Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only help…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Salvador,

Do you have a link to your site so I can see what you have done so far. Menu position can only be done with CSS, however the header area can’t scale so there has to be enough room for the menu and logo. Send over a link to your site and I’ll see what I can do.

I know it’s too late now but Tersus allows you to do both menu positioning and background images with a few clicks.

Salvador
    Participant

Hi there. The site is http://www.fps-poland.mil.pl – there are just few subpages for now as it is in development…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

With regards to the menu. Try adding the following to Skin Settings -> Add Custom CSS. You may want to tweak the 300px value, this has to be half the size of your menu.

#nv-tabs {right:50% !important;margin-right:300px;margin-top:50px;}

Salvador
    Participant

OK, thanks… The customer likes it as it is 8-|

What about backgroung image for the content area? This time the image doesnt need to fit the header image so its much easier. I have a seamless tile. How to apply it to the background?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Do you mean the area between the header and footer? If so, you could apply a tiled background to the body tag.

e.g.

body {background:url(your-image-path.jpg);

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.