Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / bbPress, BuddyPress & Visual Editor Theme issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Hi,

Loving the theme; however I’m having a few issues with it I’m hoping you can solve for me. I’ve made no custom changes to CSS or any core code anywhere. Its a fresh install of WordPress, BuddyPress & bbPress and all theme were done via the menu’s provided by the theme.

I’m currently using Header/Footer Skin: “Urban” and Body Skin: “Dark”.

Issue (1) Sticky Post Color

Issue (2) Buddypress Profile Layout Problem

Issue (3) HTML Tag Notification Color

Issue (4) Trashed bbpress posts not themed

Issue (5) Visual Editor Default Text Colour not WYSIWYG

These issues are holding me back from launching my site so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

the website is http://digitaltoxin.com/   if this provides any further assistance in resolving the above issues.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you send me a login username and password – I don’t think the issues display when not logged in. The site is looking great though!!

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I have PM’d you a login for the website.

Thanks!

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Another issue to add to the list:

Issue (6) In BuddyPress Private Messaging the Name in the Notification is Hard to See.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the login.

1) To edit sticky colours edit DynamiX/stylesheets/bbpress.css and change the background colour in this section of CSS.

.bbp-topics-front ul.super-sticky,
    .bbp-topics ul.super-sticky,
    .bbp-topics ul.sticky,
    .bbp-forum-content ul.sticky

2) Do you have a link to this please

3) Again can you provide a link please.

4) We can change the background colour by adding the following to DynamiX/stylesheets/bbpress.css

#bbpress-forums div.status-trash {background-color:#555;}

5 )  this is frustrating, you can’t control the visual editor text colour, only the background. Adding the following to DynamiX/stylesheets/bbpress.css

.inskin-two #bbp_topic_content_ifr, .inskin-two #bbp_reply_content_ifr {background-color:#ddd;}

6) Edit DynamiX/stylesheets/bbpress.css and replace the following line

div.bbp-template-notice a

with

div.bbp-template-notice a, #message-recipients span.highlight a

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

I managed to fix point 3 by giving everyone unfiltered html rights. (this removes the notification)

For point 2 you just need to go into your profile and click settings. you’ll see the field in there; I’m on the bus using my phone to type this so apologies for no direct link 🙂

*EDIT* Back home now.. the link will be:  http://digitaltoxin.com/members/Tempguest/settings/

Make sure your logged in as tempguest otherwise I don’t think you’ll see the issue

Thanks,

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Made all the changes you mentioned 🙂 Thanks for the help so far.

However in regards to point 4 (the trashed posts) I still have the same background colour after including the line you gave me and it doesn’t change.

So in summary, everything is sorted except for points 4 and 2 🙂

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

apologies, one more issue to add 🙁 your gonna hate me!

When people are using headers etc in bbpress posts the theme settings are applying to the bbpress posts and wiping out font colors etc..

Is there anyway we can stop this for just bbpress forum posts while keeping it for the rest of the site?

Thanks.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

2. I see what you mean . It looks like the template isn’t accepting the main content sizing – I’ll get back to you on this asap.

4. Try the following instead:  #bbpress-forums div.status-trash {background-color:#555 !important;}

7. Don’t worry about it 😉 , I’m glad you’re finding them and I’m happy to fix them. Can you provide an example please. Thanks

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Hi,

I shall await your word on Point 2,  Point 4 still doesn’t work fortunately 🙁

Point 7 you may ignore as I’ve removed people’s ability to format with headers and replaced it with font size menus 🙂

So just points 2 and 4 remaining.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I can’t see why the trash post isn’t working – it’s working for me. Try adding it to Skin Settings -> Add Custom CSS instead.

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

it worked in custom CSS, Thanks! 🙂 great support and money well spent thus far 😉

Only 1 issue remaining, 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

No problem, sorry about the delay – this file should resolve the issue. Replace:

DynamiX/members/single/settings/general.php

with

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/general.php.zip

Robert Thurgood
    Participant

Hi Andy

Thanks for the fix. This has sorted it for Member > Settings > General.

However the issue still remains under Member > Settings > Notifications.

So I’d assume whatever you did to fix it for general must need doing for the Notifications screen too?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.