Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / bbpress + dynamix confusion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Taras Tsmukh
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I am slightly confused about the way bbpress should be implemented in my WP site. I see there are a few widgets that I can add, however it is still not clear to me to see how exactly can I implement it the way it will be easily accessible. Preferably I'd like to have a link in my navigation bar that sends the visitor to a page that contains all of the widgets concerning the forums. In fact, I'd like to implement in the exact same way as it is on this website.

Thanks in advance,

Taras

http://ukraine.tarastravel.com

Anonymous

Hi Taras,

The way I have it setup is that I use a WordPress Custom Menu (See General Settings if not enabled already) and manually add a link to the relevant forums page. E.g for this support forum page the link is

/groups/dynamix-support/forum/

that's telling it to go to Groups -> Group Name  -> Forum. 

I hope that makes it a little more clear. 

Taras Tsmukh
    Participant

Man…It did get a bit more clear but still I can't really connect the dots on this one. I created a custom menu but I'm still not able to see it in my navigation bar.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Taras,

You have to manually add the pages/links, so goto Appearance -> Menus -> Add Link and then the path of your forum e.g. add the following in the URL field /groups/dynamix-support/forum/ (obviously change to your own group name instead of dynamix-support). 

Taras Tsmukh
    Participant

Pity, it did not work out for me this way. However I have solved my problem (for now) with simply using a redirection plugin. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If you send me your WP login I'll try and take a look for you. 

Taras Tsmukh
    Participant

I couldn't find any contact button on your profile. Can you send an email to t.tsmukh@gmail.com.

I'll reply you with all the information. 

Thanks in advance, you're the best 😉

Taras Tsmukh
    Participant

Andy, still around?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

My apologies for the delay, I've just sent you an email now. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.