Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / bbPress styling issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Katie Keith
    Participant

Hi

I have spotted 2 styling issues in the forum, please could you fix these:

* There is no box around the text entry box that the user types in to add a comment or topic, so they can’t see where to type.
    * The toolbar buttons above the text entry box are the wrong colour and aren’t visible.

Screenshot at http://with-omraam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Screenshot_1.png.

Thank you very much

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

This looks like a plugin confliction as they do not appear like this as standard. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Katie Keith
    Participant

Hi Tom, this isn’t a plugin conflict – I have tried it with all the other plugins (apart from bbPress) inactive and the styling is still wrong.

I have also spotted the same two issues on Blossom and Be, our other site which used DynamiX. Screenshot here – http://barn2media.co.uk/blossomandbe/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/bbPress-styling-issues.png

I noticed the problem since updating DynamiX to the latest version and updating to WordPress 3.9 at the same time, has the update introduced the problems?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

Please can you provide the URL and specifically, the page to your site with this on so I can take a further look for you.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Tom

Katie Keith
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

After further inspection on this, it seems BuddyPress updated a file that overwrote the theme CSS.

Please add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS to resolve this.

body div#wp-bbp_topic_content-editor-container input[type="button"], 
    body div#wp-bbp_topic_content-editor-container input.button {
    background: none !important;
    }

Kind regards,
    Tom

Katie Keith
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for the code. That has fixed the styling problem with the toolbar but there is still no line around the text entry box when you create a topic or comment, so users can’t see where the type. The box I’m typing in right now on the Themeva Help forum has a box around it so I can see where to type, and the DynamiX forums need to have this too.

Thanks

Katie Keith
    Participant

Sorry Tom, I spoke to soon. The code you provided has fixed the styling problem in the toolbar when you create a topic, but not when you add a comment. Please could you provide the code to fix this when you add a comment too.

Thanks

Katie

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

Sorry about that, I have added the following CSS to correct both.

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-the-content-wrapper textarea.bbp-the-content {
    border: 1px solid;
    border-color: #dfdfdf #f0f0f0 #f0f0f0 #e5e5e5;
    }
    body div#wp-bbp_reply_content-editor-container input[type="button"], 
    body div#wp-bbp_reply_content-editor-container input.button {
    background: none !important;
    }

Tom

Katie Keith
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom, that has fixed both of the issues now.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks for coming back to me.

pamkkkkk
    Participant

I had the same issue on http://www.PowerShell-Group.eu !
    That custom CSS code fixed it!
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.