Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Bloated template?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Manish
    Participant

I liked the feature richness of this theme but after some Pagespeed testing I find this template very bloated. It significantly affects page load time and in the era where Google is including site load time among the factors important for ranking, can we really afford this?

Has this been tested by the theme developers? If not, I urge you to test a site with Dynamix theme and some other theme with similar page elements, with PageSpeed and YSlow.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What version of DynamiX are you using? 2.8.2 is the fastest version. 

Naturally DynamiX scores B/C grade with gtmetrix and that's without using any plugin or server aids. If I use a plugin like WP Minify and enable gzip compression on the server this will improve the score even more. 

Manish
    Participant

Hi Andy,

We ar eusing 2.8.2

We found the reason for the slow load. The template/buddypress was fetching hundreds of gravattars at site load. We disabled gravatars and then the site started responding faster.

Scott C
    Participant

^^ thanks for sharing… i won't use those now

Scott C
    Participant

Would someone mind posting the plugins they have found work well for speeding up the load times of pages? I remember seeing WP-Minify and GZIP mentioned along with others in a thread similar to this one, but i can't find it for the life of me.

Cheers

Manish
    Participant

It would vary from site to site depending on the plugins you use and the load your site has. Minify does break many of them. You can also use a caching plugin along with something to minify and gzip. 

Ulf Kohlmorgen
    Participant

Scott C
    Participant

Thanks Highend–that's the exact thread I remember reading!

Cheers mate!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.