Home / Forums / ePix Support / Blog Categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Anitra Thompson
    Participant

Hello Support…
    I’m having what seems to be a bug/technical issue with blog categories.

1. I created a new Post (“Charlotte Life Coach Who Embraces…”)
    2. This Post is using a new category: Women
    3. Went to Blog page to select this new category
    4. Now my whole blog page is blank — not even past posts that were working are loading
    5. Tested on both my Mac laptop and HP laptop… both are showing a “blank” blog page
    6. If I select a different category for my new post, it still doesn’t show.
    7. If I deselect the Women category under my Blog page, and refresh… older blog entries show.
    8. Then I go back to the new blog entry and select a category that I’ve used and has worked in the past, but with no luck.

I really do love this theme, and everyone has complimented how great the site works. But trouble shooting these niggly things takes away from building my business.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

That does not sound normal at all. What content do you have within the post that you created?

Please can you provide the URL of your blog page and post so we can take a further look into this?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Anitra Thompson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have figured it out but it was due to a number of things.

One thing to check is you need to make sure your post category names are displayed like the following or else WordPress cannot pick up on them.

Example.
    Name: Babies and Bumps
    Slug: babies-and-bumps

This way, WordPress will be able to pick up on your categories containing more than one word.

Within your last post “Charlotte Life Coach Who Embraces Courage Compassion Connection”, you have a stage gallery at the bottom of the post with no slide set selected. This was also throwing the code off.

Lastly, you had commas in the title of the post which WordPress also does not like.

Things are looking fine now and I hope this helps you out for the future 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.