Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / blog display

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Renee Lancet
    Participant

Hi,

How can I display most recent posts on the Home Page?

Renee Lancet
    Participant

I got it to display through Visual Composer the list of 5 most recent blog posts, but how do I display image for them and rearrange positioning?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you’re using “Recent Posts” via the Visual Composer, it should give you the option to display the image. As long as each post has a featured image, it should display. The same with the order, you can change the order via the “Recent Posts” options.

Renee Lancet
    Participant

Where can I find that? I don’t see it in the Visual Composer option.
    All I see are as follows:

Widget title

Recent Posts
    What text use as a widget title. Leave blank to use default widget title.
    Number of posts 5
    Enter number of posts to display.
    Display post date? Yes
    If checked, date will be displayed.
    Extra class name

Style particular content element differently – add a class name and refer to it in custom CSS.

Renee Lancet
    Participant

There were 2 Recent Posts. The other one had images to display. How can I arrange it so they are next to each other instead of vertically down?

Renee Lancet
    Participant

I switched over to Post Grid/Post Mason Grid to solve problem, but images are not displaying. What do I need to do to display them?
    Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Renee,

As long as you have a featured image set on the post, it will display. If you do have a featured image set, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Renee Lancet
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Renee Lancet
    Participant

Also, how can I make the blog date visible on blog page?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You do not have a featured image set. The image that is displaying is the first image within the post. Please set a featured image within each post and this will work.

The date was not visible because you did not have a “Link Color” set within the skin.

igor
    igor
    Participant

Hi Andy,

i note that when i set a featured image in a post, i saw the image in the homepage near the text.
    But when i click to read the full post i find the same image at the top of the post. Is possible to set featured image only in the excerpt of the homepage?
    To read the full post without the image at the top?
    You can have an idea watching this:

http://www.ferrobattutotreviso.it (home)
    http://www.ferrobattutotreviso.it/ferro-battuto-lo-sapevate-che-1parte/ ( full post)

Thank you! Cheers!

Igor_

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can set the featured image settings via Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Featured Image. If you set to Archive only, it won’t show on single posts.

igor
    igor
    Participant

Hi Andy and thank you for reply! you’re always helpfull !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.