Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog don’t work if I choose a category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Anne LN
    Participant
    Hi, 🙂

I appear to be having trouble to get my blog page to work fine :  I have categories WITH posts within them but if I select one of my categories ( or 2..) for example, my blog page said t

"Sorry, but there aren't any posts in the Actualités category yet."

I have to unselected categories to see my posts in the page but…it takes posts of ALL categories.

I can't choose.

I saw that it's written up to "Select Categories for Blog Template"

"Select "Blog" from "Template" under "Page Attributes" Meta Box"

I've tried just the "Blog" page or "Grid Blog" but it's the same.

Any idea please ?

Thank you very much
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

What do you have set in the WP admin -> Settings -> Reading -> Posts Page? 

This should be blank, otherwise it will override the dynamix settings. 

Hope that helps

Anne LN
    Participant

I've chose as "Posts page" the page of my blog page, the one who doesn't work. Wrong ?

Anne LN
    Participant

Andy, I found where is the problem : putting the "posts page" blank didn't change anything and I was with the same bug BUT :

you know that when you create "categories" in the post menu, you have the Name of the category and the ID of the category. I noticed that in pages, in the box "BLOG CATEGORIES", what appears are not the clean ID but the names of categories. In french we have accentuations like for example :

Name : Actualités

Identifiant : actualites

Anyway, sorry for my bad english but I think you follow me : the bug is when I select a category with accents. I try with a category without any accents and it's working. It's sound like it's the "name" of categories which are in the code and not the ID.

Thank youuuuuuU 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I actually changed this recently because of people using ID's in the shortcodes – it was too confusing. I'll have to revert back for this… frustrating. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.