Home / Forums / ePix Support / Blog Image Display problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

i face two issues

1. I am brand new in using this theme and i have a problem in having images in a post. I want this post to be displayed just like the post in this link

http://epix.themeva.com/donec-erat-sem/

where the image has a frame and when you scroll the mouse over it you get this double arrow sign for displaying the image in larger view.

and

2. Is there a fix size that my images have to be set so that i can have a welcome page with full screen gallery? I upload images but they are displayed out of the screen range and they are not looking normal.

Thanks a lot!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You will need to add a Featured image to the post for this to show. Edit a post > Add a Featured Image via the right column > Upload and preview the page.

2. There is no set size but having large images advised with 2000px+ while keeping the ratio to 16:9. Do you have a link to your site so I can see what is happening?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer. I did inserted a featured image but its not working like this. Shall i add any information in the fields Caption, Slide Link URL etc int he SET FEATURED IMAGE screen?
    Also do i have to delete the image that i have inserted in the post body?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not quite sure what is going wrong here. Please can you provide your login details and post URL and I will take a further look into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t think the account you provided as full admin access as I cannot access the Theme Options to alter the featured image settings.

If you go to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Post Content > Excerpt + First/Custom Image. Then the Featured image should appear. You can remove the other image in your post too.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

This reply has been marked as private.

You were so very right!! Thank you so much

Also do you know if i can have a gallery in a post just like this so i can have multiple images in the same post?

http://www.drazos.net/professionalphotographyservices/hotel-rebranding-in-mykonos/

Once again thank you so much!!!

Hello support,

can anyone assist on this? I want a menu item which is the parent and have other item as child in my site MAIN MENU, not to have any link on it as the link i need is on the child item. How can i do this?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you navigate to Settings > Visual Composer > Tick Posts, VC will be active for posts and you will be able to add galleries from there.

You will need to add a custom link. Go to Appearance > Menu > From the left hand side, you can add pages into the menu. You can type in the URL of the page as a custom page or add existing pages in. You can then drag and drop the menu items to shuffle them around.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanks for your prompt answer. I tried this but the thing that i want is to have a menu item with no link at all on this as it will have another item underneath which will have the desired link.

Have you got any idea of how to make a menu item without link at all?

Thanks a lot!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you create a custom link to add in a # instead of the link, this will make it not a link.

Hello,

thanks once again. I did this and indeed there is not link on the specific menu item. I cannot find though how the mouse is not the hand for link when scroll over it and make it a simple mouse arrow.

Also is anyone aware of how to disable the “Edit this entry” message that i get at the bottom of every page of my site?

Best Regards

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It will always have a link within it, even if the link is completely removed from the admin. Unfortunately there is nothing further we can do as this is a standard WordPress feature.

The ‘Edit this entry’ message only shows when you are logged in but it could be hidden with some CSS. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.