Home / Forums / ePix Support / Blog is taking forever to load most pages are slow too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Erin Calderon
    Participant

Hi,
    My pages are taking way to long to load and my Blog is taking forever. I do have WP Fastest Cache installed and activated. Advanced Excerpt was really jacking my site up so it is deactivated. But with the last post the Blog load time is ridiculous. So I tried activating Advanced Excerpt to see if it helped and it made it worse, and the images would not display. Also I liked the stage gallery but the vertical images are blown up way larger than the horizontal.
    Thanks,
    Erin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

What image sizes are you using? Do you have a link, I maybe able to spot what’s going on. The demo site http://epix.themeva.com/ is using Wp Fastest Cache and scores really well. Hopefully it’s just a config somewhere.

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    File sizes are 484 kb, 1200×797 px. My blog link is http://www.brokenbitphotographyandart.com/blog/ Today it actually loaded pretty well. Should I just not use the Advanced Excerpt plugin? I tried activating it again and the load time on the pages were much slower and Blog would not load at all. Kinda weird when I though it was supposed to shorten posts to help load time.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

It’s the number of images trying to load on that page which is causing the issue. I would limit the posts per page to a much smaller amount. You can adjust this via Settings > General > Posts Per Page.

I’d also consider using manual Excerpts via Posts > Screen Options > Enable Excerpt > Scroll to the bottom of the Post and add a manual excerpt. This will stop all the images loading on blog page.

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Thanks Andy, That helped a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.