Home / Forums / ePix Support / Blog layout issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Ryan Moyer
    Participant

On the main blog page, is the theme using the_excerpt for the excerpts? The problem I am having is that it is showing images in the excerpt, as seen with the second post down here: http://ryanmoyer.com/blog/

Additionally, is there any way to set it so the post title appears above the featured image on the main blog page (currently it shows the image above the title). This is more standard for the web and also better for SEO, as well as readability.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Are you using the Advanced Excerpt plugin? If so, you can disable showing images via Settings > Excerpt.

Unfortunately this can not be changed without editing the Theme files as a customization.

Ryan Moyer
    Participant

Thanks Andy.

I think I can handle arranging the change in header/image order via a child theme. Might be worth considering putting it in a future update as I think most would probably prefer it that way rather than having the image above the title.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

You can change it via a Child Theme. As it’s a post thing, you can the default post by copying the ePix/content.php into a child theme and editing it from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.