Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog Page – categories

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Hi Andy,

How do you place blog categories/keyword links on a blog page?

http://www.kyleflemingphotography.com/blog/

Right now, the only way I could figure it out was to place them all in the menu bar and I want to remove all of this from the menu bar.

Thanks,

Kyle

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

You could use a sidebar on the page and place them all in there?

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Thats the other thing. I cant get my blog page to show the sidebars even though I have them selected. Can you edit a post page to have special design elements that are not controlled by your Settings – Readings selections.

I also notice that my pages dont use the entire width of the screen on desktop. Looks like the sidebar is taking over too much of the page design. Can this be changed?

My blog page is my Posts Page and not sure if this has anything to do with the sidebars.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

Yes, please remove the Blog page from the Posts Page in Settings > Reading. When a posts page is set, it overrides the Theme options. I’m not sure what you mean by the width, do you have a link please?

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Okay that works then you have to change the template to blog so some of your settings are there – limit of blog post. My name page is http://www.kyleflemingphotography.com/blog-2/

Is there custom CSS that can change font size of the widgets? The category text is a little on the small size.

Screen width.

It does not appear that entire width of the screen is being used.

Width

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

It’s the width that does not appear to be stretching across, can you control the width of it? Set it to 360px.

The category text size is inheriting it’s value from the skin setting you have. You have it set to 12px, try setting to 14px. Or if you want to just target the sidebar. Try something like:

#primary-wrapper .sidebar {font-size:14px;} – adjust accordingly.

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Thanks. I fixed the font size using the code you suggested.

Where do I find the place to set the width to 360px?

Thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m not sure, it depends if the plugin or width you’re using allows it? If it’s HTML, you should be able to find the with value and adjust it manually. If it’s not HTML, is there any plugin settings for it?

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

I couldn’t find that value to adjust the width of screen in Styles. I also don’t want to lose in an update. Not sure what plugins you are referring to

Is there custom CSS I can place in my editor plugin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

How have you put the facebook widget in? It might be worth post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

The Facebook widget I have is part of the Jetpack WP plugin. .

Kyle Fleming
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

Each sidebar that contains the “Facebook Like” widget has settings to adjust the width. I’ve set them all to 360 instead of 340 and it now displays the full width.

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for looking at it but I dont see that the width was changed. Is there anyway to get the screen the entire size?

screen size

Kyle Fleming
    Participant

The photo didnt load

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=13_screensize.jpg

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Kyle Fleming.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.