Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog page issues – no header – missing titles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi,

Since updating to Dynamix 5, i have been having some issues with my blog page

The two main issues are that regardless of settings, my header is stuck in transparent float, regardless of what i set in the page options, this means there is no padding at the top of my page, my posts and images are fixed to the top.

To take advantage of the floating transparent header in posts and pages (which is awesome by the way) i have sent many posts to not show the title so put “BLANK” in the alternate header field, this has lead to the titles being missing from the main blog page. Titles are not shown, just featured images and the excerpt

Ive tried everything i can think of it get it working but im a bit out of my depth now

I have reset all theme settings back to default, made a new blog page, disabled all plug ins, including the three that come with the theme, checked all settings for the theme, page and wordpress, but i cant find where the issue is

I have installed a clean wordpress setup with dynamix and the demo data, this blog does not have the issues. I have also tested this installation with all the plugins i want to use, and it still doesn’t have the problem, the only thing i can think of is an issue in the database, but really i have no idea.

Any help would be great,

I have duplicated my site before fiddling around with all this, you can find the blog page with the issues at http://sdbphoto.co.uk/clone/blog2/
    Thank you
    Stephen,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Can you post your WP login details please, this seems strange the page options aren’t affecting this.

Stephen Bonser
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

It looks like the page is corrupt – the visual editor is missing. I wanted to check it wasn’t the theme and so I switched to the “Twenty Fifteen” theme and the issue is still present, there is no editor.

The best I can suggest is copying the content of the page into a new page and then see if that saves properly?

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply,

i made a blank new page, and set that as the default blog page in wordpress settings, and the same thing happens,

I’ve also totally removed and reinstalled Dynamix from the installation

do you think could it be a corruption in the wordpress installation?

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi Andy

Since posting my last response, I’ve narrowed things down a little bit

i have installed a fresh version of WordPress in a new directory
    installed a fresh version of Dynamix
    And made some sample posts and pages,

All the issues persist, including some i didn’t mention above as they weren’t major,

In theme options – disable logo – if set to enabled or disabled, the site logo is always visible

Theme options – sticky menu -when turned off and using float or float transparent, the menu does not load, but with sticky on and the menu set to normal, you still have a floating bar with the logo follow you down the page

When editing posts, “Display Title” toggle does not function,, when you click an option and save the page, the page reloads with neither option ticked and the title still visible, making BLANK in alternative title the only option
    This leads to the issue in blog view, posts with the title set to blank do not have a title in Blog page, but the name returns when changing to different theme.

The main issue noted above with the header going missing in the blog view and posts starting at the very top of the page also persists, but only when there is a post with the header set to float and transparent, if the header/menu is set to normal, the issue on the blog page is resolved, so i think it must inherit the settings from the post rather than use the options set in the settings of the blog page itself.

Thanks
    Stephen,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

The only thing that has ever affected the options from saving like that is the Yoast plugin – when users entered a “keyword focus” value, it would stop the options from saving. Are you running this on the new install?

The inheriting of options does sound logical for this part of the issue. I’ll have to investigate this further to see how to stop that from happening.

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Thanks for the looking into it,

I installed another fresh install of wordpress, did nothing but install Dynamix and the three default plugins that come with it,

when i loaded the page to edit the WordPress default “hello world” post, the toggle for “show title” was showing as enabled. when i clicked disable and saved, the toggle disappears again, neither enable or disable have the dot in them and the title is still showing on the site,

The same thing happens again for the header logo, i uploaded the logo, clicked disable for “logo display” in theme options, and although that saves as showing disabled, the logo is still visible on the site. I have also tested this in chrome and firefox

Thanks
    Stephen

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

My apologies for this, both are bugs. The page “display title” works fine, but the post one does not. It should still work by entering the text BLANK into the alternative page title.

As for the logo, you can hide this by entering the following CSS into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

#header-logo {display:none;}

Both will be fixed for the next version.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.