Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog page to show only 1 category

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Mark Pendlebury
    Participant

Hi, first of all congratulations on making an amazing theme!!! It really is superb.

I've created a site with 5 'static' pages. Everything is working perfectly apart from my Blog page.

I want it to only show posts from the category 'a b c' but it is showing all categories. In wordpress reading setup I've set Front page to 'Home' and Post page to 'Blog'. (the name of my blog page)

Within my blog page I've chosen template 'Blog' from page attributes and only selected 'a b c' from the Blog Categories selection. However, the page shows all blog posts and the 'blog' template doesnt seem to have any effect.

Just thinking after reading a post here that could it be spaces in the Blog Category name?

Anyway, please keep up the amazing work!

Mark.

Mark Pendlebury
    Participant

Followed my own advice on something I had just read in a related post. 

I just needed to clear the blog setting in the main wordpress reading menu. 

so to clarify setting wordpress option Post page to 'select' allows my blog page to display just 1 category and for the template to work correctly.

Once again amazing theme. Thanks

Pietro_2003
    Participant

Great that you left an answer to your question. It is just the sort of thing I was about to run into.

Cheers.

resonanthosting
    Participant

Having the Post page set to 'select' has worked for me, but for some reason After adding a few new items to the Events Category, and editing another, I now get the following error at the top of the page.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/93/8562693/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/blog.php on line 170

Also, it not only displays entries for the Events category, but the News category as well.

I do have to also add, that I am using the All-in-One Event Calendar plugin, it displays one big Calendar on my page I am choosing, however, it shows the Calendar 4 times after each one of the blog post from the category that is is not suppose to be showing.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That doesn't seem normal – can you provide a link to the page it's happening on so I can get a better idea of what it's doing. 

Also If you unselect the event category and select another does it work?

Rich
    Participant

I've used the All-in-one Event calendar before. It caused several problems for me as well. I never was able to get lists of events to show on a blog page – ended up using the widget in a sidebar. First thing to check is that the custom events category doesn't have the same id as one of your post categories (Maybe the News category would be my first suspect).

And for whatever reason the calendar does repeat itself in strange places. The last one I had was if I showed the widget in a sidebar on the calendar page – the calendar would repeat under the widget.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.