Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog post excerps/full post

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Lykke Scavenius
    Participant

Hi,

I have made settings in admin to show only post excerpts on blog front page, but it’s showing full posts. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Lykke

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lykke,

What version of the theme are you using? If you’re using 5.x it will work automatically without a plugin, if it’s earlier than v5, you’ll need a plugin like advanced excerpt.

Lykke Scavenius
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    Great video by the way

I’m using 4.2.3 and unfortunately I think we made too many changes in a not optimal way, to be able to install an update. I have asked our lead developer.

Unfortunately I already tried using advanced excerpt and it’s causing an issue with buddypress widgets, like “active members” and others, so they disappear once it’s activated.. I didn’t go into that further because the setting for showing only excerpt is in theme settings – maybe that has to be more clear what it’s for 🙂

Any suggestions to how I proceed?

Thanks
    Lykke

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lykke,

Thanks 🙂

I can try logging into your WP admin and trying to tweak the Advanced Excerpt. There are many options with it and we might be able to find a solution that fits all.

Failing that, I fully recommend updating to DynamiX 5 – keeping on top of updates is important for security and future WordPress updates too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.