Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog problem with latest theme update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

After updating to the latest version, the blog posts shows the excerpt, although after the excerpt, the text “Read More” is now gone and replaced by three dots that do not have a link. I had to go back to version 4.2.3 and everything works as it should. This appears to be a bug.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Wayne Rowlands. Reason: edited text
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

I’m about to release the next update and I have resolved this. It now works that if there is more text than shown on the “archive” page, it will display a read more. If all text is displayed, it won’t show the read more text. This is how it should be really.

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

Great! We will be looking for the update.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s in the Envato queue now 🙂

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

I just updated to version 5.0 and the text “Read More” is still gone. It appears that your fix did not work.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Can you post a link to your site please. As mentioned, it will only display “read more” if there is more text to read.

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

Here is the link: http://waynerowlands.com/blog/

As you can see, the code is not working.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Can you post your WP login details please. It should behave like this: http://acoda.com/dynamix/blog/

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

Andy,

I found the problem! Within the “Advanced Excerpt” plugin, there is a checkbox that was not checked that adds the text “Read more” or whatever I put in that place. That was the issue. Now everything works just fine.

We can now close this matter as fixed. Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Andy, I just want to say that I truly appreciate all that you are doing with this AWESOME theme. I have recommended it to soooo many people that are looking for the right theme for their projects. Please keep up the great work!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Wayne Rowlands. Reason: Added some friendly text
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate it! Thanks so much for the recommendations too, the longer I keep DynamiX selling, the longer I’ll keep creating awesome updates for it.

I’m sure you have already, but if not please head over to ThemeForest and rate the theme 5 stars, it all helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.