Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Blog template and default blog post page = not reliably showing images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Keven T
    Participant

We love the theme – and are busy getting all settings configured.. but we notices a pretty big problem with the display of blog and individual post images

each of these articles (except for the one on Apple) has an image, 

http://logicaldesigndbs.com/blog/

this problem occured yesterday.

Also – when we create a new post, and add the image or video url, the video or image does not show up.

pls shed any light you can

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow what you mean? What settings do you have in Blog Settings?

Keven T
    Participant

what I mean is.. I have 20 posts… some show the image on blog page, some do not.   

Also.. some show the video and image on the single post page.. some dont.

I have lost the abiltiy to show the video on a blog page altogether as well.   so I add a video, set to youtube, and nothing shows.. 

older posts are okay.. but nothing since this week

thanks 

k_thibeault@yahoo.com for email access

Keven T
    Participant

now the blog page is working, but not the individual posts.. when you load them.

http://logicaldesigndbs.com/?p=735

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi.

Have you tried switching from Excerpt to First Image/Custom Image?

I think the reason the older ones work is because I changed the system and upgraded from always showing the first image/ custom image to having the option. But by default new posts won't show because your blog settings say excerpt (text) only. 

Let me know if that works when you switch to First Image/Custom Image option for Post Content

Keven T
    Participant

Ok, I did make the change to first image / custom image only on the blog settings, here is the result

1. the blog page actually still shows the image plus the title and exerpt  (not  big deal, but it should be showing only image per your suggestion)

2. If I put the youtube link the video source, it  will show the video player on the blog post, but it does not show the player on the individual post page

3. If I also add the youtube link in the blog text, it still does not show a video player on the individual blog page, and a problem – it  messes up the slider gallery, showing TWO  video players.. see the last image below

Thanks for your help

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I'll test to see if I can make it do the same. 

Best regards

Andy

Keven T
    Participant

thank you. . .btw I am version 2.6.5   of your theme.

Keven T
    Participant

Any luck tracking this down.. i am completely unable to post new blog entries that have videos now.  Kind of urgent, I do belive it has something to do with an update, or perhaps another plug in?   Because it was working last weekend, when I entered all the working posts.. but not now 🙁

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

upgrade to 2.7.5 or the upcoming update,there are EXTREME improvements

Keven T
    Participant

how do i do that?  I dont see any links for updates on Themeforest, on your site here, or within the WP dashboard.   Other themes usually have notices in the theme, that notify the admin when an update is available.  

Pls give me the link or whatever process I need to do.  Also, do you think this will fix the problem?

thansk 

Keven T
    Participant

I found the download link just now on Themeforrest

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

good good,it will always have the latest version there,if you look at the theme banner and descriptions below,you'll notice the theme version there and roughly any changes made,keep popping back there occasionaly to check for updates.and or subscribe to this forums newsletter.

but make sure if you install 2.7.5 that you download and overwrite the following functions.php,and definitly backup your site files by downloading to your desktop by ftp and do a database backup for good measure.

hope it resolves most of your issues 🙂 ,

http://help.themeva.com/functions.zip

Keven T
    Participant

Hi Andy

We have upgraded the theme to 2.7.5 and having the same problem, no improvement.   I wonder if the upgrade to wp 3.1 could be affecting the themes behavior?

anyway.. to see what we are dealing with   http://logicaldesigndbs.com/how-to-make-a-facebook-page/

this is a post that has settings to display the video on the page in the blog settings, but no video comes up.

by contrast, this post works perfectly

http://logicaldesigndbs.com/app-development-scrum-in-about-eight-minutes/

One other item, when we did the upgrade, I notced the date of our functions.php was 2/15/2011, however the functions.zip file you posted here, was date of 2/18/2011.  In case we overlooked this, are the two files different, and should we just copy the 2/18/2011 to the themes folder?

We are still very much down, as far as the theme goes, and cannot add any video posts, please help 🙂

Keven T
    Participant

any luck ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.