Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Bold text on home page / index

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Patrick
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem with all text showing as bold on my home page. The text seems normal on all other pages.
    Looks like the menu text also is bold on the home page.

Do have any fix for this?

Patrick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

it’s not that’s bold, it appears to be using a different font. Are you using a different skin for that page? The other pages appear to be using the font Lato.

PS. The site looks great, it’s looks really professional, well done!

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Andy. Thanks! The theme is a pleasure to work with.

I’m not using a different skin as far as I know. Is it even possible to use a different skin for each page?

In my browser, the text appears to be the same font, Lato, but with a different weight. It’s “Lato – 300” on the other pages, but on the home page it says “Lato Regular”. I’m using WhatFont chrome browser extension to check this. Which font do you see at your side?

Could it be a plugin conflict?

Patrick
    Participant

Update:

It seems to be a problem with the Revolution Slider. Any ideas on how to solve this?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Patrick.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see you’ve added a bit of CSS now – you could get away with just having the font-weight there, that’s what seems to be the issue, the font etc is fine.

It must be that Revolution Slider loading in a heavier weight.

You can indeed have a different skin per page, goto Page > Scroll to the Tabs > Locate Skin > Choose a skin for that page. 🙂

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yes, I managed to correct the weight on body text by adding some CSS. Still struggling with the menu text though.
    It is heavier in Chrome on the home page, than the other pages. I had this issue with other pages as well, but the problem was solved by not using Custom Headings (I used Custom Text instead and used HTML input from the Custom Headings without the font-weight). This didn’t work on the home page though.

Not a big deal, just a little annoying so I will try to figure this out and post the solution if I find one.

Cheers.

Patrick
    Participant

If anyone else has this problem with something messing up the body text, you can correct it with:

div.wpb_wrapper p {
        font-weight: 300;
    }
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.