Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Bringing Back Featured Image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • John Q
    Participant

Greetings,

I know your theme doesn't specifically use the wordpress Featured Image portion, but I was hoping you could tell me how to re-enable the function as RSS feeds DO use them. I'm using RSS feeds to power our Apple apps and would like the stories to have images with them. 

Thanks for the help. 

-John Q

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I'll enable them for the next update and you can choose which one to use – it was only disabled in this theme because I introduced the preview image before WordPress had and had to stick to it so didn't upset people changing midway but I've already set a hiarchy system to check if the image url is checked to use that, if not use featured image and lastly detect the first image within the post. 

John Q
    Participant

Andy,

I can understand why you did it, can you just tell me in which file you've disabled the function in? Waiting for an update won't work as this is a work site I need completed sooner than later, and I've customized the theme so much already, that I most likely wouldn't be able to update the theme without changing all of the function changes I've made. 

If you're able to just tell me which file you've disabled the function in, I can probably fix it myself as I have an above-par knowledge of wordpress, theme creation, and php. 

Thanks so much for the help thus far. I'm very pleased with the theme, even more so pleased with the unique design you've come up with. Anyone can learn to program, but creativity can't be taught. 

-John Q

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It's not disabled – you can add the code to enable it within the functions.php file but it will not have the functionality as described above. But as requested add the following to DynamiX/functions.php

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); // add wp thumbnail support

That's it, that should give you the option to add thunbnails but they won't work anywhere but the RSS at the moment. 

John Q
    Participant

Andy,

And that's perfectly fine, I don't need them to work anywhere else EXCEPT the RSS, so it's perfect. =) 

Thanks for your help again! 

-John Q

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem!! 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.