Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddy press register page not working on mobile devices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

Ever sense the theme was updated the buddy press registration page is no longer working on mobile devices. Please advise when he fixes going to happen.

Hi @wrolands

What version of the theme and Visual Composer are you currently using? If you are using the older version, that may have caused the issue as the older version is not compatible with WP 4.5.

Anyway, can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check on this further?

Regards,

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

Theme is version 5.3
    Visual Composer is version 4.5.1
    URL: http://rotarymeansbusiness.com/

I will provide you with credentials in private

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi

I checked your WP Dashboard, it shows that you are still using an older version of Visual Composer and this may have caused the issue.

Kindly update it via Appearance > Install Plugin,

Regards,

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

I went to Appearance > Install Plugin and clicked on the update link. The message came back that I have the latest version of the plugin. I then deleted the plugin and then went back to install plugins. The version that was now uploaded is version 4.11.2. When I went back to http://rotarymeansbusiness.com/register on a mobile device, the screen comes up for a second and then the background is the only thing showing.

Hi Wayne,

Have you tried disabling all your plugins, leaving Visual Composer enabled just to check if any of those plugins is causing the issue? Also, please clear the cache in your browser and re check.

Regards,

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

I did disable all the plugins except Buddypress and still have the issue. Here is what I have found:

The register page will not show up when viewing it on my iPhone 6S or my iPad when using the browser Safari or Chrome. The register page shows up when using an Android tablet. I have not attempted an Android phone. The page also shows up when using my Blackberry. The page shows up fine when using a laptop when browsing in Chrome, IE, Safari, and Firefox. It has something to do with Apple mobile devices.

Hi Wayne,

I checked the register page and it looks like the form is there because it appears when you first visit the page then disappears when the background loads but if you click on the page, you will chance upon hitting one of the input forms.

Have you tried to coordinate the issue with Buddypress support just for them to check if it will be an easy fix from their end? If yes, please confirm so I will coordinate this with Dynamix’ developer so he can also check what could be triggering the issue.

Regards,

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

According to Buddypress, they believe this is an issue with your theme. They are not experiencing this with other themes that work with Buddypress.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I have forwarded the issue to the developer and we will get back to you once we have an update on this.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

I can see what’s causing the issue, however I’ve tried to add some custom css, but it’s not taking affect. Are you running any cache or cloudflare on your site?

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

We are not running any cache or cloudflare on our site.

Hi Wayne,

I have forwarded this again to Andy. We will get back to you once we have an update on this.

Regards,

Wayne Rowlands
    Participant

From what I can see, the files were updated on our site and now the register page works well on Apple mobile devices. It does appear that it was a CSS issue. I am sure that you will be adding this to your next release of the theme as I have this theme installed in other websites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.