Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddypress – Background below Admin bar and Drop Panel and above header.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Bronwyn Orsatti
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to DynaniX and I was wondering if you could help me. I have a white panel on my theme under the adminbar and the drop panel and above the header. I noticed that this does not appear when I have buddypress disabled. I have searched the forum and looked at the support site but could not find an answer.

Can you tell me what I need to do to change the CSS so that I can have the same colour that is behind the header as the colour for this space? Thanks!

http://woodburyschool.com.au/public/

Theme Version: 2.9.1

Buddypress: Version 1.6.1

Wordpress: Version 3.4.2

Bronwyn Orsatti
    Participant

I have resolved it by using the following custom CSS on the Skins page. Is this the correct/best way of resolving this?

#toppanel, #wrapper {
    background-color: #fbb034;
    }

Bronwyn Orsatti
    Participant

It appears the above fixes it when you are logged in … but not when you aren’t. Can you tell me what I need to do to fix the CSS?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The latest version of BuddyPress they have addressed the spacing issue so that has made my fix redundant. You can disable my fix by editing DynamiX/functions-buddypress.php ( if you’re using the Child theme -> DynamiX-Child/functions-buddypress.php ) and removing the following code:

function theme_loaded_init() {
    global $DYN_inskin;
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘buddypressadminbar’, MY_THEME_URL . ‘/stylesheets/style-adminbar.css’, false, ‘0.1’, ‘screen’ );
    }

add_action(‘wp_head’, ‘theme_loaded_init’, 1);

Bronwyn Orsatti
    Participant

Thanks heaps for you support

I just the instructions from the thread you mentioned and used the code below and it works perfectly

#toppanel {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
    }

.logged-in #toppanel {
    margin-top: 30px !important;
    }

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.