Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / buddypress bbpress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Bryan Kroll
    Participant

This theme ruined buddypress and bbpress.(the only reason I purchased this theme over Kleo) When in the forum it now randomly shows almost a fullscreen avatar of random users. Also, half of the buddypress pages (profile, settings etc) are just blank. I’ve never regretted purchasing something this much in my life. 🙁

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bryan,

I’m sorry you feel that way. This site is 100% DynamiX, I do not see the issues you’re experiencing. Is there any possibility it maybe a plugin that is causing these issues. Please try disabling your plugins ( apart from BuddyPress etc ) and see if that makes a difference.

If not, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look as to why this maybe happening.

Bryan Kroll
    Participant

Thanks, I edited those conflicting plugins until I got the result I wanted. However, most of the buddypress/bbpress plugins that I need to use have issues with the buttons. These are very common and simple plugins yet if they have buttons, the buttons get blacked out by the template’s CSS I assume. Please see my example (Better bbPress Signature, bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab in this one)

Same thing happens in buddypress except the buttons get washed out and/or blacked out. I went digging in your CSS and found everything pertaining to this but I believe this may actually just be a small bug with your theme rather than the plugins. It seems to sporadically change various buttons but not properly e.g., changing button but not the text of the button. Perhaps the CSS can be more specific for the buttons you chose to make that grey/blue? Ill try to add !important tomorrow to see if that helps but I still don’t know why it changes some buttons and others it doesn’t, even for a vanilla install of buddypress/bbpress. Thanks.

Buttons

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It might be worth changing the following section of the DynamiX/style.css file – currently the styling for buttons has a high hierarchy. If we remove the #primary-wrapper, it’s more susceptible to other CSS styling.

Change this:

#primary-wrapper input[type="submit"]:hover,
    input[type="button"]:hover,
    #primary-wrapper input[type="button"],
    #primary-wrapper button,
    #primary-wrapper submit,
    #primary-wrapper input[type="submit"],
    a.button,
    button.button,
    input.button,
    #review_form #submit { background-color: #425255;border-color: #425255; }

To this:

input[type="submit"]:hover,
    input[type="button"]:hover,
    input[type="button"],
    button,
    submit,
    input[type="submit"],
    a.button,
    button.button,
    input.button,
    #review_form #submit { background-color: #425255;border-color: #425255; }

Let me know how that goes?

Bryan Kroll
    Participant

So far so good! I don’t know why the button turned green (onmouseover it reverts to the grey/blue color), but the your free support is impeccable. Thanks!

That “Better bbPress Signature” plugin may have its own issue…

good

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Great, can you post your WP login details ( “Set as private reply” ) and I’ll investigate why the buttons are green.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.