Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddypress Features mssing when using updated Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
  • James_s2k
    Participant

Hi there,
    we seem to have noticed a fault when we updated to the newest version of the theme. we seem to have had the private message, add friend tabs go missing from user profiles page, normally they are located on the right side of the user profile picture. nothing has changed other than updating the theme. any clues on how to solve this?

Thanks again

James

James_s2k
    Participant

scratch that, figured it out, the theme changed itself from normal font, to google fonts in the theme settings. one click fix.

James_s2k
    Participant

although saying that, it would be kl if these where perhaps buttons rather than simple text. would make it clear to users that these are buttons rather than text.

James_s2k
    Participant

sorry, it appears there is a fault/error. when having google fonts, it shows up on mobile devices, while standard shows only on some browsers. please can you help

James_s2k
    Participant

It would be much better if these parts where buttons that show up in all browsers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Am I understanding you correctly with this, you are having problems with standard font showing on some browsers, correct?

If so, which browsers are not displaying the correct font? Do you still have Google fonts turned on and which page on your site are you referring too?

Kind regards,
    Tom

James_s2k
    Participant

hi Tom

the page that i have the issue with is the members profile pages, the private message and add friend text are missing when using ether text it seems. it seems to be a 50/50 chance when they show as if it is swapping fonts and choosing to appear/disappear on its own. which is why we think it would be better if these text buttons where actual buttons like that in the buddypress theme.

Cheers
    James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

It is not that easy to just edit the text as the BuddyPress is a 3rd party plugin that we don’t have a lot of control over. Please can you reply with the link to your site and page in question and I will take a further look into this for you.

Please set your reply to private also when posting login information.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James_s2k
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Can you please provide a screenshot as to the location of the dissapearing Text elements? I am testing it on my dev site and switched the theme to the basic BuddyPress theme and I cannot locate the Text elements you are talking about. Something visual will help me greatly.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James_s2k
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Werner
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having the same problem, tried changing the fonts, but that made no difference. Both the public and private message options has disappeared.

Please advise.
    A Member's Profile

James_s2k
    Participant

Hi Werner

By any chance does the activity comments work with you? mine seem to stop working after a few comments, and unable to comment again until refreshed the page. i am only asking as you have the same problem with the private message,add friend icons/text. so wondering if they are connected. if you could test it and let me know, i would be greatful 🙂

Cheers
    James

Werner
    Participant

Hi James, activity comments seems to work fine on our side. Please let me know as soon as you find a solution to to the messaging issue.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Can we please get your FTP details and we will test something out. We are testing a new version of the Members profile and there might be changes that need to be made on your site.

Please set you reply to private when posting login information.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.